Dream destination

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

N4712

Guru
Vessel Name
Oliver
Vessel Make
Nordhavn 47 Hull# 12
Our dream destination is French Polynesia, what's yours?

Attachments

• image-599144683.jpg
    image-599144683.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 188
  • image-609141391.jpg
    image-609141391.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 194
  • image-2844791801.jpg
    image-2844791801.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 183
  • image-1457544582.jpg
    image-1457544582.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 188
  • image-3886792423.jpg
    image-3886792423.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 94
  • image-4158677190.jpg
    image-4158677190.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Via boat or other transport?

For us- via boat: a trip down the coast from Seattle to the Galapagos, then thru the Canal to the Caribbean..

Via air- Sicily, the Seychelles, and Thailand.

We've been to the South Pacific, Oliver- you'd love it. You might want to follow this blog:

Home: Furthur Adventure FURTHUR ADVENTURE...

Brian Calvert took his 47 Selene from Seattle to Mazatlan, then across the Pacific to French Polynesia; he's been cruising the area between Sydney and Thailand since 2008.

Via boat or other transport? For us- via boat: a trip down the coast from Seattle to the Galapagos, then thru the Canal to the Caribbean.. Via air- Sicily, the Seychelles, and Thailand. We've been to the South Pacific, Oliver- you'd love it. You might want to follow this blog: Home: Furthur Adventure FURTHUR ADVENTURE... Brian Calvert took his 47 Selene from Seattle to Mazatlan, then across the Pacific to French Polynesia; he's been cruising the area between Sydney and Thailand since 2008.
Boat. I'll take a look at the blog, thanks.

Nothing quite so exotic--my dream destination is the Gulf Islands/Desolation Sound/Puget Sound area.

Ahhh! Great question.... :thumb:
First, it begins with acquiring a Nordhaven 60. . . (we ARE dreaming, right?) then finding a crewhand (did I mention my Admiral would oject to this dream?) with the skills of the lass who's responsible for [the] Emerald Steel (tip of the hat to Jules; he has quite the good fortune to have partnered up with Suzie.) . . . then it's a matter of finding favorable seas, fair winds, and keeping a bucket list that is continually added to the more I realize how little I know of the world and some of it's amazing places yet to discover. . . (I have lived/traveled all over the entire North American continent and the Caribbean - time to start see the rest of the planet!)

Our dream destination is French Polynesia, what's yours?

Shared that dream and did it, would love to do it again.

Attachments

• BORBOR.jpg
    BORBOR.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 93
  • BOBO2.jpg
    BOBO2.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Quick trip from Papeete to Moorea for lunch on the hook:

Nothing quite so exotic--my dream destination is the Gulf Islands/Desolation Sound/Puget Sound area.

We'll come on up ! I'd be happy to share a cold bevy and swap lies with you as well...

Rick and N4712, That place is on my bucket list too :)

The NW passage has always been a goal of mine since I was a wee nard, but I doubt that one will ever get checked off.

The NW passage has always been a goal of mine since I was a wee nard, but I doubt that one will ever get checked off.
I believe a N57 did that awhile ago. They had use their anchor to break through ice. That would be a fun trip. If we do it we'll need a buddy boat, so I'll keep you in mind. :p:D;):)

Martinique, and the best part it is that it is only 24 nm away from our summer storage in St. Lucia:IMG_0544.jpg

Marty + Deb before pond.jpg

P1010718.jpg

P1010777.jpg

P1010784.jpg

Marty:):):)

One of my dream trips would be to go around the gulf of Mexico, down to and through the Panama canal, up to the Sea of Cortez, spend a year or so there cruising and diving, then back to Florida.

Ted

One of my dream trips would be to go around the gulf of Mexico, down to and through the Panama canal, up to the Sea of Cortez, spend a year or so there cruising and diving, then back to Florida. Ted
We both got the boats for it, you plan the trip we'll follow. :p

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom