Dominican Republic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alemao

Guru
Vessel Name
ORIGINAL
Vessel Make
Hi Star 55
Luperon, Marina Puerto Blanco, $ 4.90, call Freddy
Samana, $ 5.20/5.70 but dirty. Was dificult to cross the Mona and in Ponce, I had to clean all motors fuel system, include the generator.

Alemao, it would be interesting to read about your trip maybe you could post some information on the "Rest of the world" cruising section. How was the Mona passage route seas time etc.
Boa viagem!

but dirty. Was dificult to cross the Mona and in Ponce, I had to clean all motors fuel system, include the generator.

This is common in many areas.

A Baja filter helps but plumbing a Racor 1000 (or two) to clamp on the fuel nozzle and using its output to fill the fuel box works fine.

There are only 2 basic sizes of fuel nozzle , a big one for commercials and one similar to fuel a car. Easy enough to have a hose setup to handle either.

BE Prepared is not just for Boy Scouts.

We have a fancy monel Rybovitch deck funnel pre filter that does slow down the fill a bit.

On the ICW the only places that seem to complain are the few spots with crap fuel.

Last edited:
Does the Rybovitch filter works well? I i tend to buy one.
I crossed the mona with just my wife and I couldn'd stop to change the filters. I changed before start and after, but the hoses was very dirty.

Back
Top Bottom