New Leds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oliver: Are all your lights AC?
No, Just the boat deck lights, those little 10watt one's seen above, and our ER lights.

Last edited:
I intend to instal LED under water lights. Some idea?

I would go with the Sea Blaze X, excellent reputation. People swear by them. Next haul out we're putting 4 in hopefully.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm confused (as usual) by the wattage of LEDs and incandescent bulbs. If I have two 25 watt incandescent bulbs in a light fixture what wattage LEDs would replace them?

I'm confused (as usual) by the wattage of LEDs and incandescent bulbs. If I have two 25 watt incandescent bulbs in a light fixture what wattage LEDs would replace them?

Larry M's post on page one of this topic posted a great resource fro the Department of Energy on light bulb watts to LEDs.

Sent from my iPad using Trawler

It depends on the bulb and the color. A better yardstick is to use lumens to compare when available, but often that's not available on the older bulbs. If all else fails, buy one and try it out to avoid buying a bunch of wrong bulbs.

Attachments

• image-3123061054.jpg
    image-3123061054.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 71
  • image-3221213025.jpg
    image-3221213025.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
If I have two 25 watt incandescent bulbs in a light fixture what wattage LEDs would replace them?
I replaced each of 5 Edison screw 25w incandescents with one 3.5w LED. Not quite as bright as the incandescent, but acceptable. Joy is, 5 LEDS draw < 1 incandescent.

Ordered some RGB Led strip led and putting up now. Only $17, and also a 2.4Ghz controller. Can't wait to see it at night. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AQT2G9S/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E7NL7NA/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Let me know how these go and if your happy with them. I was at a local marine store yesterday and had them in my hand. Ended up putting them back on the shelf. Didn't want to drop 95$ and not be able to return them if they sucked! So glad I walked now that I see what you paid.

Cheers

Let me know how these go and if your happy with them. I was at a local marine store yesterday and had them in my hand. Ended up putting them back on the shelf. Didn't want to drop 95$ and not be able to return them if they sucked! So glad I walked now that I see what you paid. Cheers
So far so good, I need to order more because I didn't have enough. But did our dusky and it looks awesome, if you give me your email I could send you a video.

PM sent. Can you add more length to existing strip?

PM sent. Can you add more length to existing strip?
Sent you the email. You just hook the strips end to end by the wires, although you could solder, which requires to much steady work for my liking. I'll try to get some pics explaining what I just said.

Cool, I appreciate the intel. I measured what I need and it's just shy of 18' so was curious. I see it comes in 16' lengths. I'd like one connection and all operating as one rather than two separates. Thanks for the vid.

Jukesy

Cool, I appreciate the intel. I measured what I need and it's just shy of 18' so was curious. I see it comes in 16' lengths. I'd like one connection and all operating as one rather than two separates. Thanks for the vid. Jukesy
No problem. Here are some pics that I took just now.

Attachments

• image-3153048398.jpg
    image-3153048398.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 77
  • image-3832485554.jpg
    image-3832485554.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 75
  • image-2711326674.jpg
    image-2711326674.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 76
Thanks! Remember there's no true white, it's a kinda white mixed with red blue and green which gives the illusion of white. But you could always buy just white led strip.

I'm not concerned with current draw, as much as I am with more light in the salon. Went to halogens it did not help much. To change all the fixtures would be far too expensive a deal. Two 20 watt incandescents per fixture is not enough light.

I'm not concerned with current draw, as much as I am with more light in the salon. Went to halogens it did not help much. To change all the fixtures would be far too expensive a deal. Two 20 watt incandescents per fixture is not enough light.
Do you have a picture of your salon? If I had a pic, it could give me an idea and maybe find you a solution.

Going to the boat tomorrow for New Year's at a yacht club. I will take photos of the salon lighting and post them. Thank you for your interest in my problem.

Going to the boat tomorrow for New Year's at a yacht club. I will take photos of the salon lighting and post them. Thank you for your interest in my problem.
No problem, that's what were here for right? :D

I put four of these on two facing aft and two facing down and think they're great. Paid under $80 per with my Port Supply! Soundwiz is doing the same on his Pacemaker soon.
12668273.jpg

Salon and galley lighting. The fixtures have halogen lamps. The one fixture over the TV has one LED lamp which just about tells you it is on. I installed 16 feet of LED strip lighting to replace three florescent fixtures in the galley(tired of changing lamps.)

Attachments

• Salon Lighting 002.jpg
    Salon Lighting 002.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 78
  • Salon Lighting 003.jpg
    Salon Lighting 003.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 82
  • Salon Lighting 004.jpg
    Salon Lighting 004.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 71
  • Salon Lighting 005.jpg
    Salon Lighting 005.jpg