KiwiGrip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have used it. It has the consistency of mayonnaise and goes on easy. You then use a very course roller to create the non skid surface. I think there are several video's on Youtube showing it being applied. Works great.

I've not used it but a fellow down the walkway has and it looks good.
Swimgrid, back deck including hatches.

When I redo my swimgrid I will use it.

We've used it on our current trawler and our previous boat. Very happy with the ease of use and the results.

Gina

Kiwi grip is great but I am a little biased :thumb:

Great stuff but apply it in cool weather without direct sun as it sets up quickly and you will leave roller paths. I used the rough recommended roller and did not like it as the texture was far too rough. I switched to a tight foam roller and found it made a more suitable texture. I also wanted a very pale grey colour and took it to a local paint store where they tinted it to the colour I wanted for $10.

I am thinking of using this type of product inside. I know it cleans up nice with a hose and scrub outside but what about inside?

I just put Kiwigrip on our boarding platform last week and am very impressed. Take time to mask off the area carefully and then make sure you remove the masking before it dries. There are some tutorial videos on YouTube that are well worth looking at before you do it.

Did a major bow repair because of rot. I am by no means a fiberglass expert but used Kiwigrip to hide my mistakes. Worked very well and looked excellent. Thinking of applying in other areas.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom