Great boat stocking stuffer!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Bucky
Vessel Make
Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
Check out this gyro/intuitive screwdriver-nutdriver. When I think of all the times I'm bent every-which-way to get to a remote hose clamp, this thing would do all I need to do in those one-handed areas with no effort at all! Just set the torque, choose from straight or gun type handle, and twist in the direction you want to turn.

DeWALT® 8V MAX Gyroscopic Screwdriver - YouTube

Last edited:
what they really need to come up with is one with a floating head that always stays perpendicular to the screwhead so it doesn't strip out as easily....THAT would blow everything else away....

That looks good - I'm going to keep an eye open for it

Greetings,
Mr. psneeld. "so it doesn't strip out as easily"...I apologize for taking your comment out of context but ONE sure method of keeping a screw from stripping out is use a better screw. Hatteras Yachts and some deck screw manufacturers use these which are far superior IMO from a strip perspective... List of screw drives - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I try to buy and use these as much as possible when available. I'm fed up to the gills with Philips screws stripping out.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robertson_screwdriver#Robertson

In my work I've used Slot, Phillips, Torx, Roberson, Hex or Allen, Posidrive and others.
For screws, wood, and sheet metal the Robertson is about the best that is readily available.
A well made Rob. screw can be given a light tap onto a well made Robertson screwdriver and it will stick, usually quite tightly.

Biggest problem I seen now is too many mfgrs. making scrap everything so even a good Robertson won't fit/stick reliably anymore. Worst are the so called multi purpose combination heads, slot, phillips, robertson lousily made so NONE them work well.

One thing to watch out for in a lot of ELECTRICAL equipment is the screw heads are POSIDRIVE , NOT Phillips. Interchange them and you will very likely ruin the screw and then have trouble loosening or tightening. They look very much alike but are NOT. The Pozidrive is a good design and can usually be i.d. by looking at the screw head. Between the 4 drive taper slots will be 4 lines radiating out. If you are working on electrical equipment and the screw head looks like a Phillips, BEWARE, it may not be and trying a phillips in place of may ruin the screw drive.

In the link the Pozidrive is the second from the left.
Products: Wera

Another useless tidbit maybe but in particular I saw lots of the ruined "Phillips" that were in reality the POZIDRIVE and it caused a lot of grief. To the point I would buy the other guys a set. Was cheaper than the fighting with monkeyed equipment..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom