stayin warm.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OFB

Guru
Vessel Name
Invader no1
Vessel Make
Kishi Boat works
The " fire place" . Simple and effective. Now if I could just use outside temps to keep the beer cool yet unfrozen ? :rofl:

Attachments

• fire place 009.jpg
    fire place 009.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 184
  • fire place 013.jpg
    fire place 013.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 203
The better "fire place" it is a wooden one, because it "warm up" you 3 time :
- when you are searching for wood
- when you cut the wood
- and (finally !) when burn it !!:blush:

If one day we change our small wooden one it could be for a bigger wooden one, with oven , glass to see fire and heater for the radiators.

Our actual small one at the bottom of this page
Isolation Thermique - Trawler long-cours

We also fit an exchanger on the engine cooling system for heat radiator it work ....under way :nonono:

The better "fire place" it is a wooden one, because it "warm up" you 3 time :
- when you are searching for wood
- when you cut the wood
- and (finally !) when burn it !!:blush:

If one day we change our small wooden one it could be for a bigger wooden one, with oven , glass to see fire and heater for the radiators.

Our actual small one at the bottom of this page
Isolation Thermique - Trawler long-cours

We also fit an exchanger on the engine cooling system for heat radiator it work ....under way :nonono:

You forgot the forth one....

When you scrub all the soot off the deck of your and your neighbors boats!

Not really bashing wood.. Volunteer had one.. it worked great.. was just a real mess and hassle..
HOLLYWOOD

You forgot the forth one....

When you scrub all the soot off the deck of your and your neighbors boats!

Not really bashing wood.. Volunteer had one.. it worked great.. was just a real mess and hassle..
HOLLYWOOD

You are right !

Clean our deck :banghead: it is incredible the quantity of soot compared with diesel heating !
but we are lucky , we always stay in the middle of nothing , no angry neighbors and lot of wood !

Here is a picture of my Thelin Parlour 3000 pellet stove on board :)

Attachments

• pellet stove.jpg
    pellet stove.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 161
Staying warm? 35C here today, and rising. Around 40C in the western suburbs which will miss out on the cooling sea breeze expected/hoped for later.

We're struggling to stay warm in South Florida's 75 degree weather, it's actually a major trouble. We may have to get a furnace of some sort. :D

Here is a picture of my Thelin Parlour 3000 pellet stove on board :)

That looks like a warm home. Simple effective reliable. :thumb:

Seems its easier to keep warm compared to them always fighting the heat for some sleep.

:rofl:

That looks like a warm home. Simple effective reliable. :thumb:

Seems its easier to keep warm compared to them always fighting the heat for some sleep.

:rofl:

OFB - I'd still take the warm weather if I had a choice. But I don't, so the pellet stove has turned out to be a good heat source on my boat.

Hurricane Heater and 4 radiators...

Forgot to mention, the pellet stove on low uses about 20 bags of pellets a month = $100 Does require a bit more upkeep than electric heaters though.

Here's our primary heat source in the main cabin. Three dedicated 30-lb propane tanks on the starboard deck feed the stove, which is properly vented through the overhead (no moisture released into the cabin). We spend about $45-50/month on propane, so it's fairly efficient heat source. Looks real nice, too. Keeps us 70-degrees in the winter. It has a 110V fan, but when underway or at anchor that kinetic EcoFan moves the heat around the room pretty good. Thought about replacing it before we bought the boat. The PO kept saying, "Just live one winter with it." He was right!

Attachments

• Propane Fireplace.jpg
    Propane Fireplace.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 146
Liquid or gas fuel is the way to go as many marinas do not allow solid fuel due to the risk of sparks.

I'm a diesel stove guy.

>Thought about replacing it before we bought the boat. The PO kept saying, "Just live one winter with it." He was right!<

SADLY this frequent concept of not attempting to understand why and how the PO used the boat is all too common.

We have one like that (not on the boat) and it's called the "Little Knome"

Yes, Thelin's Little Gnome is their smallest. I think its rated at 25,000 or 28,000 BTU. But the footprint is 18 x 18 inches, and the Parlour 3000 is 40,000 BTU and only 20 x 20 inches, so that's the one I went with. Love the look of their stoves, but as I said their customer service leaves much to be desired. Parts are outrageous too.

I think I might try another brand next time, as there are a few other small ones out there. Jamestown J1000 and J2000, as well as a few I saw at Tractor Supply in the $1000-$1500 range. Theres even a window unit like a window a/c made by US Stoves.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom