Endeavour 44 Powercat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cardude01

Guru
Vessel Name
Bijou
Vessel Make
2008 Island Packet PY/SP
image-16115178.jpg

Anyone know about the sea keeping ability of one of these cats ? Anyone ever been on one underway?

My wife and I recently took a ride on another type of powercat with outboards, and it had an uncomfortable ride heading directly into 2-3 foot seas out in the Gulf of Mexico. I would describe the motion like being on a hobby horse. The cat we were on was on was light (15000 lbs) with a cored hull, 45' long, and we were going slow, about 7-8 knots. We were not thinking this cat we were riding on was any kind of a blue water boat, but my wife and I were still surprised with the ride.

I can't say personally but there are 2 on our dock with one of them for sale. The owner on the one for sale, Miss Kitty, sold their Nordhavn (46'?) and bought the Endeavor 44 Power Cat. She said said they made the right decision. Both are cruised. If you want, I can forward contact information for Miss Kitty.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 282
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    179.5 KB · Views: 297
Larry that would be great. It would be really helpful to talk to someone who went from a Nordhavn to one of these to get some first hand info on how they can handle different conditions.

I liked these boats so much that I became somewhat of a pest to Bob Vincent, sending him photoshop renditions of pilothouse changes. He was always good humored about it, but I was a pest, none the less. Here are two of them.

Attachments

• 44endeavourpilothousemod.jpg
    44endeavourpilothousemod.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 283
  • 44endeavourpilothousewithfly.jpg
    44endeavourpilothousewithfly.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 316
I like those!

Any idea on the headroom in the pilothouse and the salon? I can't seem to find that info.

Bill

I like those!

Any idea on the headroom in the pilothouse and the salon? I can't seem to find that info.

Bill

I'm 6'5"" and have an inch or 2 clearance in both the salon and pilot house.

I have been very happy with how the boat handles 2 and 3 foot chop, but I don't have experience with other 40+ boats so I can't say whether it better or worse than other boats in that range. My previous boat was a 28" express cruiser. Prior to buying my boat, I corresponded with someone who had cruised extensively in a 36' Grand Banks prior to living aboard an Endeavour 44 and cruising on it. He preferred cruising on the 44.

Hey thanks for that info! I'm 6'2" so I should be good!

So would you recommend the boat? Anything you don't like about it?

We want something with lots of good deck space and interior space for friends and entertaining. Want to cruise the Bahamas in a few years.

As an aside, I talked to the builder, Bob Vincent, and he said several of these Trawlercat 44s have made it to the Caribbean, so that opens things up a bit for the future.

Take care
Bill

QUOTE="JohnG;200773"] I'm 6'5"" and have an inch or 2 clearance in both the salon and pilot house. I have been very happy with how the boat handles 2 and 3 foot chop, but I don't have experience with other 40+ boats so I can't say whether it better or worse than other boats in that range. My previous boat was a 28" express cruiser. Prior to buying my boat, I corresponded with someone who had cruised extensively in a 36' Grand Banks prior to living aboard an Endeavour 44 and cruising on it. He preferred cruising on the 44.[/QUOTE]

I strongly recommend the boat. I would prefer a larger water tank. We go through 115 gallons pretty quickly when anchored out, especially when we have guests with us.

Ventilation is good everyplace except the guest berths. We need to run the AC at night when we have guests but not when we are by ourselves. When we don't run the AC, the solar panels provide all of the electricity we need on an average day late in August on the Chesapeake.

Visibility is great from the helm and maneuverability is great so it is easy to operate and a breeze to dock.

The living spaces are great. I find our guests spend a lot of time on the foredeck, particularly when we are underway. The cockpit has a combined pilot house/back porch feel to it. It is a great spot in the middle of the day and after the bugs come out. The salon has large windows and is bright and airy. Being in the salon almost feels like being outside.

It seems that most TC44 owners do the Great Loop, Bahamas, and Keys. I haven't retired yet and only have time to cruise the Chesapeake, so my experience is limited. Here are some blogs of people who have cruised TC44 and a TC36. My wife would have been happy with a TC36, but the spaces were too tight for me.

RockChalk44
About: Odyssey an Endeavour Trawlercat 36 | Coastline Cruising

Thanks for the link and the info!

About the water tanks, I have noticed some 44d have watermakers installed. I see that that was a factory option for like $12000.

Can a watermaker be installed after the fact or does it have to be factory installed to make room and do the plumbing?

Happy Holidays,
Bill

Thanks for the link and the info! About the water tanks, I have noticed some 44d have watermakers installed. I see that that was a factory option for like $12000. Can a watermaker be installed after the fact or does it have to be factory installed to make room and do the plumbing? Happy Holidays, Bill
Im sure you could always install one space permitting that is. 12k sounds a little expensive for a water-maker installed.

I've heard it is pretty easy to install the water makers. All of the TC44's have the thru hull and sea cock for the water maker. Marc Colby, the owner of Rock Chalk, told me the maintenance on the Sea Recovery water makers is not too bad.

Oliver is right. I'd take a look where Endeavour has installed those and copy. I think you could get a unit for a third of that price or less. I've seen never used, pickled units on Craigslist for 2500 or so, also a unit right out of another Endeavour 36 for around the same.....cruisers never used. 115 Gallons is an OK capacity if you''re not in the Islands. Don't let that compromise spoil your interest in the boat. If needed, Endeavour would put one in for you when you're cruising by Clearwater.

We just bought an Endeavour 44 trawler cat I April and brought her across the gulf from fort Myers fl to New Orleans. She handles oncoming seas very well and has a smooth ride. As with any cat, a beam sea will produce a rolling motion, but this is true of monohull also.
I have posted several threads on this boat. She is very roomy, livable and sturdily built.
Cruise at 9-10 knots at 2200-2500 rpm, but if you want to get up on a plane, you have to go to 3000-3100rpm. With full fuel load (500 gallons) and full water tanks, you can’t really get above 14 knots, but we did the 150 gulf miles between Clearwater and apalachicola in 12 hours. with low tankage on the sea trials, at full throttle, the boat hit 21 knots
Incredible space and storage, great helm station that either fully opens up or can be closed, hard top protection.

I am also interested in The Endeavour 44. I live in Mississippi on the gulf coast. If anyone nearby would be willing to let me look at their Endeavour I would appreciate it. I have looked at them online but have not yet seen one in person. I don't want to go to South Florida or Virginia to view one if I can avoid it.
Thanks,

Joe

endeavor cat 44

We just bought an Endeavour 44 trawler cat I April and brought her across the gulf from fort Myers fl to New Orleans. She handles oncoming seas very well and has a smooth ride. As with any cat, a beam sea will produce a rolling motion, but this is true of monohull also.
I have posted several threads on this boat. She is very roomy, livable and sturdily built.
Cruise at 9-10 knots at 2200-2500 rpm, but if you want to get up on a plane, you have to go to 3000-3100rpm. With full fuel load (500 gallons) and full water tanks, you can’t really get above 14 knots, but we did the 150 gulf miles between Clearwater and apalachicola in 12 hours. with low tankage on the sea trials, at full throttle, the boat hit 21 knots
Incredible space and storage, great helm station that either fully opens up or can be closed, hard top protection.

WHat engines do you have on your Endeavor 44?
How is the noise level at cruise and also on plane?
Anything you dont like about the EC44?
Any issues?
Anything to look for or known issues on the Endeavor cats?
Beam seas seem to be problem for cats- snap roll- how is it on the EC 44?
Would you buy one again?
Thank you for your time
David
Thank you

Do most EC owners use a anchor bridle at anchor/
I haven't noticed any comments about it.
I use one on my PDQ34 powercat and makes a big difference at anchor and reduced swinging on the hook

Endeavour Cat

I have been on both the Endeavour 44 and the PDQ 34. Strangely the PDQ seems bigger and more comfortable than the 44. I like both Cats, but the PDQ better.

I have been on Jack's boat. Very nice, he spoke highly of the ride. He has the 240's for power and mentioned it felt a little under powered

I love my PDQ 34, but change of life events and work plans, so putting it up for sale.
Thank you again

Endeavour 440 Power Cat "Trawler Cat"

We just purchased the one and only ever built Endeavour 440 with outboards.
Still in Saint Pete at Marine Max - hope to leave soon (now: June 26, 2021).

The ride during testing seems to be super smooth and I heard 3-5's are nothing - We will see soon. Hope to start around FL shortly.
God bless everyone,
Gary & Donna
"Sea The Light"

Welcome aboard. How about some photos of your new baby?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom