View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #4
kbad
Veteran Member

Hi guys yes it is Mark Halvorsen who i have contacted they still list Halvorsen's owned in Aus on their site so hoping they may have access to old records. I have a bit of info on the boat but it is the little inconsistencies and the unsaid that raise my eyebrows. I am convinced that it is an import as the power is listed as 120v with 240v connection through a transformer. So am assuming the generator would be 120v. I am lucky to have access to a marine qualified electrician so converting it is possible. But would be good to know all the history of the vessel, and any issues particular to this model, i have been trying to do my research.
What i would like to know is there any reviews on this model and if anyone has been on one, on one review that i have found although on a different model is that it has a tendency to wander in a following sea, this could be due to small rudder footprint or the large keel. It has had osmosis treatment which if done properly is ok but i will be checking that out. Makes me wonder if someone imported it got stung with a lemon and done the best they could to fix it and then move it on.
Is the hull design the same as the Trawler (Island Gypsy) and the differnece being the horsepower thrown at it?
kbad is offline   Reply With Quote