looking for a cheap slip in Florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She is doing better, it's a long haul, thanks! I was always taught it's what happens in your heart and mind that matters not the stuff, so thank God I'm good on that count. I told others, hey we come in empty handed we're going to go out the same way. Do only brokers stay up this late lol?

Do only brokers stay up this late lol?

Glad she is doing better and I hope all continues in that direction.

No, not only brokers are up late. Someone has to keep an eye on the brokers and this is my night.

Daddyo. I stand corrected. In your post slamming GCS you specifically say you have not cruised the St Johns River. Plus you do not say you have visited GCS several times in the last 22 months - I inferred that your knowledge was 2nd hand. You've been there more recently than I so I defer to your opinion and apologize for jumping to conclusions. I am also sorry for the personal hard times that seem to be piling up on you.

Violent crime rate in 2011 Green Cove Springs:
488.4 U.S. Average:

Violent crime rate in 2010 Green Cove Springs:
573.4 U.S. Average:

Violent crime rate in 2009 Green Cove Springs:
635.0 U.S. Average:

Violent crime rate in 2008 Green Cove Springs:
680.5 U.S. Average:

Violent crime rate in 2006 Green Cove Springs:
615.8 U.S. Average:

Read more: Crime rate in Green Cove Springs, Florida (FL): murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, auto thefts, arson, law enforcement employees, police officers statistics

Miami has a violent crime rate in 2011 of 624 (same web site) - for a boater, it's a pretty darn nice place to have a home port. Biscayne Bay has some of the best day sailing/boating year round of any place in the lower 48 - close to the keys and the Bahamas.

I understand considering crime can be a factor in choosing a domicile - and for some, the main reason. Personally, I've lived in greater Miami all my adult life - been the victim of crime (burgled and robbed) - only during the race riots did I consider (only for a moment) of moving out. Raised my kids here and have 6 or 8 of my grandkids here. Not moving out anytime soon.

Crime rate in Miami, Florida (FL): murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, auto thefts, arson, law enforcement employees, police officers statistics

I just spent seven days of the Thanksgiving holiday at the hospital with my 14 yr old daughter who nearly died on Thanksgiving eve. Two nights ago the two story three car garage that we stored our lifetime of possessions in while we are temporarily in a much smaller house burned to the ground. Last night my Dad informed me he has cancer (slow growing) and now today I have to listen to you telling me to go sit in a corner? In spite of my personal trials, I have posted here on this site offering insight, advice, attaboys and encouragement. I have spent many hundreds of hours posting information and pictures that some felt helpful, I'm sorry you deemed this opinion to be "worthless". This site has always stood above the others because it has been about the free exchange of information and opinions without the rancor or dismissiveness of so many other sites. Did you ever see the movie "Falling Down"?

Hi Mark,
So very sorry to hear about your personal tragedies. Any one of them would be terrible, but three... Hope the new year will be much better for you. I for one appreciate your contributions here.

Ted

Mee too, Mark. Prayers are for you and the healing of all issues in the New Year. Deeply sorry.

Daddyo. I stand corrected. In your post slamming GCS you specifically say you have not cruised the St Johns River. Plus you do not say you have visited GCS several times in the last 22 months - I inferred that your knowledge was 2nd hand. You've been there more recently than I so I defer to your opinion and apologize for jumping to conclusions. I am also sorry for the personal hard times that seem to be piling up on you.

Accepted and appreciated, thanks! Thanks all for your kind thoughts and words.

Mark, so sorry to hear about your trials. I'll pray for your daughter and father. Go the extra few miles to the keys. You can't beat the price we payed last year. And the pool and people were great. I'm in Telico lake just south of Knoxville. I'm house sitting a home with a nice dock. I'm fixing her up for the next cruise. I bought a 740 Garmin with a new Garmin autopilot an a fridge. They all need to be installed. I hope to see ya next year

Don't let anyone steal your happy

Daniel, have you checked out Gulfport City Marina on the east side of Boca Ciega Bay. They are accepting live aboards and are reasonably priced. Close to the charming little town. Down side, no see ums that are prevalent before sunset. Loggerhead south of there on intercoastal. Nice facility, neighborhood not so good. Tierra Verde Resort Marina on the Grand Canal across from your present location will be a first class full service marina when completed but only accept short term transients.

I would second Gulfport , and Boca Ciega Bay.

The town is blessed with varied resturants and the bay is a fine anchorage.

Great spot for the folks that want to anchor out often , as the town provides a free dink dock.

It is NOT a designated anchorage , so an anchor lite is required , but with LED , its not a hassle.

Has the Key West feeling with out the crowds .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom