State parks to stay at during the winter in the San Juans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bshillam

Guru
Vessel Name
Our Heaven
Vessel Make
1997 4800 Navigator
I have located several state parks that appear to have their docks in through the winter,
Stuart Island, Prevost Harbor and Reid Harbor
Cornet Bay
Sharp Cove
Does any one know of other state parks that have docks in through the winter? I have a four year old and dog, thinking a dock would be best during the winter. Thoughts on the above or any other state park?

Also, other areas that would be nice to visit close to Bellingham. I'd like to start exploring the area on the nice weekends. Nothing that takes us more than a few hours away. Thanks for the input.

Hijack alert!

Moving Siren from your new slip today!

Might be a bit tough finding docks over the winter.

Bob and Jill

Fossil Bay on Sucia Island also has a year round dock. That's actually where they take many of the state park docks for the winter...

You might find the inside of the dock at Fossil Bay taken up with docks tied up to it. When I was there in early April of last season, it was that way. But that still leaves the outside open. Only problem it is more open to the South winds on that side.
Garrison bay on San Juan Island is one of the better protected bays in the islands. Would need to anchor out but they have a new dingy dock now and really great trails to walk the dog.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom