SF BAY Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dswizzler

Vessel Name
Delta Swizzler
Vessel Make
1988 58' Vantare
It has come to my attention that that I need a Marine Electrician in the Alameda, Ca. I guess I could use a regular electrician, but I have two electrical issues I've not been able to resolve, and the boss told me to get them fixed.

Saw a truck in the parking lot today, Vessel Electric, and briefly spoke with Brian ( assuming he is the owner/electrician, for the company) seemed like a nice enough chap. But I've never used him or heard of him before. so any suggestions ? Good news was he said he was booked for the next 3-4 weeks so that is a good sign.

But I told him I'd keep looking , but to give me a call when he looked at his schedule.

Any ideas ?

I don't know of any, but wonder if the folks at Svendsen's might have some contacts for you.

I'd try to get suggestions from Svendsens, Mark. They are close enough where you could have them visit your slip rather than having to take your boat to them. They have a good reputation in the area.

Another idea is to PM Scary. He hasn't been around the forum much lately but a PM will go to his email. That guy really knows the locals well and am willing to bet he knows a good electrician. Al or somebody else might have his phone number too.

Sorry, Mark, I'm clueless. Fortunately, I haven't had any electrical issues except for a short/corrosion in the bow thruster fixed by KKMI in Pt. Richmond.

Electrician

There is a good electrician at the Grand Marina in Alameda who does very good work for a fair price.

I have seen his work on a couple of boats and his runs were tidy and well organized and the boat owners were very happy. He is a one man business

I dont remember his name or know his number but if you call the folks at Grand Marina and ask for the sparky who works out of their marina I am sure they will help if not pm me and I will do a little more research for a number for you.

I just had a good electician on my boat here in Orange Beach in AL hooking up an Electra Scan that I had plumbed in. He did a great job and was well priced and would use him again if we were staying.

Let me know on the sparky in Alameda.

Another idea is to PM Scary. He hasn't been around the forum much lately but a PM will go to his email. That guy really knows the locals well and am willing to bet he knows a good electrician. Al or somebody else might have his phone number too.

Good idea, Craig. And, yes, I have Steve's number. PM me and I'll send it to you, DSwiz.

Try Joe Castro Home - Marinelectronic 415.318.0382 / email: marinelectronic@gmail.com He likes to consult too!

Tell him Art with 1977 34' Tollycraft... from 2008 at Lowries Yacht Harbor in San Rafael recommended you call.

Although I've not yet needed to take advantage of his marine electronic expertise I've heard good reports. He seemed very knowledgeable when we spoke. I believe he does work all over SF Bay and Delta.

It will eventually become time to do a real good revamp on our Tolly's electrics - Joe is who I will have do it!

Best Luck!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom