50th Anniversary Mustang - WAY off topic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CaptTom

Guru
Vessel Make
Prairie 36 Coastal Cruiser
I've never been a great fan of the Ford Mustang. But with its 50th anniversary coming up, Ford has announced a big release of a redesigned anniversary edition:
M2015preview.jpg

Now, for comparison, here's a 1967 version:
1967_ford_mustang_convertible-pic-65187.jpeg

Personally, I'd take the 1967 version, no contest.

To be fair, nobody has every accused me of having good taste, so maybe I'm missing something here.

But would YOU be proud of that new version?

Without the emblems, you wouldn't know the new one was a Mustang. I'll take the classic also.

Ted

I'm with the old school guys here.
I was good with the first "new retro" 'Stang years ago, and even the later renditions held close to it's heritage and styling.

This looks more like an Asian styling rip off. Some cross between a Hyundai and a Toyota? They've lost their flare and personality IMO.
If I wanted a Hyundai, I'd buy a Hyundai.

I haven't looked at the performance specs yet, but there was that statement years ago...something about putting lipstick on a pig????

OD

The Aston Martin influence on the styling of current Fusion is pretty evident, and well done, IMHO. I see some of that in the new Mustang. Except maybe for the occasional Ferrari, I don't know who makes a prettier car than Aston Martin.

The new Jags are looking pretty sweet this year, and believe it or not, there the Genesis that's looking pretty sharp for a less expensive yet good looking ride.

Those new F Types are sweeeeet!

My first car was a '66 Mustang, and then later I owned a '67 convertible (just like the one in the picture, only mine was blue). Kind of regret the fact that I had to sell that '67 convertible, though the money went to a good cause--it was so I could buy my first boat.

Someone photoshopped that top photo - here is what the actual car will look like:
2015-Mustang-Frotn.jpg

2015-Ford-Mustang.jpg

Last edited:
Ya know... I like last years front end better. But I will never hate a mustangs` looks. well except a few,,
Ron,, didn't you have a 3058? Several years ago you sent me the factory photos of a 3058 just after I bought mine. I still have them on my hard drive somewhere.

Thanks Ron. Now that's a little better. I'd have to see the rear before I'll give it a :thumb: though.

Like Cappy, I preferred the former fronts, and the 1st "new" gen retro rears. They just looked more like the original.

I remember seeing the "Eleanor" repro. That was sweet!!:thumb:

Ya know... I like last years front end better. But I will never hate a mustangs` looks. well except a few,,
Ron,, didn't you have a 3058? Several years ago you sent me the factory photos of a 3058 just after I bought mine. I still have them on my hard drive somewhere.

Hi Cappy

Yes, I did have a 3058. Great boat, we sold it to a fellow in Norway when we got our Mainship in 2003.

img_198541_0_e6664aef309692860772a9592842c731.jpg

When I finally hit the Lotto and build my collector's garage, one of these will be in there.

Attachments

• Bullitt_Mustang_replica2.jpg
    Bullitt_Mustang_replica2.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 137
image-3981353426.jpg

This Mustang is a daily driver in Louisiana, Mo. close to where I eat breakfast. I have a 2006 gt stays in the garage most of the time but it sure is fun when I take it out. Have had it at the strip & it'll do 106.3 mph in the quarter on street tires.

I still remember rebuilding the carb on a girlfriend's '66 Mustang. Ended up marrying her 30 years later. Should have kept the car. Those 289's were surprisingly fast.

Should have kept the '71 Challenger too. Oh, well.

I'll take the new one.

Old Mustangs are too much like Ford Falcons.

And I like the Aston Martin all around.

I prefer luxury cars. Thinking Bentley.
Anybody ever driven one?

That photo at the beginning of the thread looks a bit like the offspring of a classing Mustang and a modern Jaguar XK.

My sister has one of those Shelby GT500's with the Supercharger. I think it's a 2012 but I couldn't swear to it. Lots of power, but hard to put to the ground on anything short of slicks. Also, not very much room inside.

I was always a Chevy guy myself...
Long time ago I had a '67 Camaro that used to run in the high 9's in the quarter mile. It had license plates, but that was a polite fiction. It's not like today where technology actually lets you get away with "Ludicrous Power". Back then it was frame connectors, slapper bars and prayer. The car basically had two speeds... On & Off.

None of this matters anymore...

I won't buy anything made by the UAW for reasons you can probably guess at but which I won't sully the board by discussing.

The Mercedes CLS though...
I've got my eye on one of those...:socool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom