Fuel cost per gallon along countries and tax

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alberto

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Song of Summer
Vessel Make
GB 42 Classic
Hello,
I would like to know the different cost of fuel (diesel) per litre in different countries of forum members,

In Spain, the cost per litre is 1,34 EU

Also the VAT is 21% for a new boat as long her overall length is under 7 meters. Above 7 meters you pay another 12% (luxury tax)

Transfers for 2nd hand boats are 4% tax.

Do you have similar costs?

Good idea. Having asked for prices from different countries which have different currencies and measurements I would like to suggest the following rough conversions:

Currency:

1 USD is worth .73 Euro
1 CAD is worth .68 Euro
1 AUD is worth .66 Euro
1 GBP is worth 1.19 Euro

Volume

1 US gallon equals 3.8 liters
1 Imperial gallon equals 4.5 liters

The currency conversion rates are approximations and will change every day, however, for at least a short while we can use these approximations to compare prices.

Marty

Did several calculations. For Grenada and St. Lucia in April before we left the price was approximately 1 Euro per litre. Currently on the west coast of Florida in the United States the diesel prices range from .80 Euro per liter to .88 Euro per liter ($1.09 to $1.21 USD)

Marty

At the moment we are paying $4.20 US per US gallon in lower Alabama, and about $3.99US per US gallon at the fisherman's co-op in Destin, Florida.

Best Sydney Australia price(Baileys in Darling Harbour) is around $1.66 AUD a litre. On current FX that`s about $1.82 USD, multiplied by 3.8, about $6.92 a gallon if my math is any good.
Australia is an expensive place to live generally, reflecting wage rates and profit margins. Our oil price is based on the Singapore "Tapis" price, always above the US rate.

On a 508 mile trip on the upper Mississippi in October the best price was for diesel was $3.61 a gallon, the highest was $4.25.

In the Philippines it’s about $1. US per liter. The good news is after a 1000 miles the filters are still like new.

In the Philippines it’s about $1. US per liter. The good news is after a 1000 miles the filters are still like new.
So, $1 a liter is bad news? Sob....:nonono:. Would be great news here.
I think fuel prices are Govt regulated in Philippines.

Cost here is NZ$1.40 per litre (US$1.16)

This is after a recent negotation with the local fuel company for all of the fuel for my business fleet (cars). Best reduction is pump price less 10 cents for my boat.

One thing to watch in the US is that the pump price often does not include state sales tax. It's a sleezy move since the prices for road (car) pumps has to show the after-tax price. But apparently that doesn't apply to marine pumps. More and more marinas quote the before-tax price, then add anywhere from 5% to 8%, and maybe more in some areas. It makes a big difference when comparing prices.

One thing to watch in the US is that the pump price often does not include state sales tax. It's a sleezy move since the prices for road (car) pumps has to show the after-tax price. But apparently that doesn't apply to marine pumps. More and more marinas quote the before-tax price, then add anywhere from 5% to 8%, and maybe more in some areas. It makes a big difference when comparing prices.

Amen! This just happened to me when I refueled at Pensacola Beach, FL. The displayed pump price was $4.119 USD/US Gal. When I was handed the bill, it included taxes which boosted the per Gal price to $4.46! Never a word of warning from the guy at the pump either! In fact, I probably wouldn't have noticed had I not later glanced at the credit card receipt. Caveat Emptor!

IN Brazil:

Diesel = U$1.07/liter or U$4.03/Gl
Gasoline = U$1.30/liter or U$4.94/Gl

And it is increasing!!!

apart of a high price in Spain, prices are the same than for automobile, and taxes included in the price are about 70%!!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom