A source for discontinued Navionics chart cards?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

QB

Vessel Name
Skookum Maru
Vessel Make
Ed Monk design #1924
Anyone have a line on discontinued Navionics chart cards? I have a Furuno 1722C which uses Navionics Classic cards, and I want some west coast Canadian coverage, but Navionics has discontinued those. I've tried eBay and craigslist with no luck.

In particular I'm looking for Navionics Classic CA241L, which covers southern Georgia Strait. If I do a google search on that, now the top result is my own wanted to buy post over at cruiserforum :ermm:, and then a bunch of vendors showing it out of stock.

Thanks for any help!

--Paul

Anyone have a line on discontinued Navionics chart cards? I have a Furuno 1722C which uses Navionics Classic cards, and I want some west coast Canadian coverage, but Navionics has discontinued those. I've tried eBay and craigslist with no luck.

In particular I'm looking for Navionics Classic CA241L, which covers southern Georgia Strait. If I do a google search on that, now the top result is my own wanted to buy post over at cruiserforum :ermm:, and then a bunch of vendors showing it out of stock.

Thanks for any help!

--Paul

When I started looking for them and prices...it was cheaper to buy a new chartplotter than get all those old cards that I needed.

ebay had the best prices...but I'm sure you are better advertising "needing them" or "to buy" and start putting it out in every forum and Craig's list know to man. Some may give them to you or for a lot less than "organized" guys who know people will pay top dollar for them.

In Victoria, BC try Anchor Marine at 250 386 8375

In Seattle Captains Nautical Supplies 206 283 7242

They may be able to burn new cards for you. Anchor may even have an "obsolete" plotter with cards. You'll need both desired locations and plotter model. As previously noted don't be shocked at the price if they are available at all.

Try Rodgers Marine in Portland, OR. at 503-287-1101. Ask for "Marty B".

They carry a lot of used chart cards as well.

When I started looking for them and prices...it was cheaper to buy a new chartplotter than get all those old cards that I needed.

This one card is the only gap I need filled near-term. I can definitely see upgrading before long, but meanwhile the better and cheaper things get, and this older Furuno equipment is working fine, so I'll try waiting a while.

In Victoria, BC try Anchor Marine at 250 386 8375
In Seattle Captains Nautical Supplies 206 283 7242
Try Rodgers Marine in Portland, OR. at 503-287-1101. Ask for "Marty B".

Thanks, gentlemen. Came up dry on those 3 though. Now, someone must have one of these lying around in a drawer somewhere. Probably a lot of them in landfills too, but harder to find there :).

--Paul

When I get home I'll ask the local chandlery for you.

Hope it works out for you. If you ever make it up this way, stop on by, I'll bring some local beer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom