What to Ask Santa For?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angus99

Guru
Vessel Name
Stella Maris
Vessel Make
Defever 44
Hoping for something boating related, even though we don't have a trawler yet (this could well be the year :dance:). (We do have a fishing skiff.)

I've been thinking of stabilized binoculars or possibly a thermal or night vision monocular. I used a Gen 1 IR scope on a blue water trip once and really liked it. The old gent's budget is probably about $500, so neither of these would be high end.

So what would you have on your wish list in this price range?

For me, a week of warm dry weather so I can glass my deck. Not sure how much that costs. :rolleyes:

Temps above freezing for the next week so I can get the boat decorated for the Christmas Boat Parade. We're part way decorated but still have quite a bit left to do.

How about a dollar for dollar conversion of our bank account from real to 'yacht' dollars, whereby each $1.00 would then become $1,000.00?

How about a dollar for dollar conversion of our bank account from real to 'yacht' dollars, whereby each $1.00 would then become $1,000.00?
Very clever!!!! :D

I think "Bitcoin" just did that. Might be back down again by now.

Zeroing in on this, I think.

Armasight Spark Core. It gets pretty good reviews. Does anyone use night vision gear on board?

Last edited:
I'm always firmly attached to something solid (I don't mean 'aground' so you can stop thinking like that!) before it gets dark, although the boat is totally festooned (I'm feeling a tad festooned myself, tonight; the alcohol seems to blunt the -13C and dull the rumbling of the Hurricane heater) with every kind of light known to boating. I never use 'em. Gawd its cold, at least the water temperature is 8C so the water tank can't freeze, although it's possible that my arse will. The dog likes the cold, being a Samoyed, but I'm afraid I will go outside and find him stuck to a railing, which will make my wife yell at me.

Guess I won't go out. Might as well have another drink.

I love boating.

I have one and love it. You can avoid the sales pitch from NuWave though if you get it at Walley Wprld, aka WalMart.

I'm thinking about this induction cooktop. I've heard it's a great way of cooking on a boat. Might be an inexpensive way to try it out.

I, I mean Santa, got a Salton induction cooktop for the boaters in our house this Christmas. Maybe just to boil water.

For me it would be just 7 numbers ranging from 1 - 49, doesn't have to be in any particular order either as long as they are the right numbers.

Last edited:
Oh no..bummer Elwin you will have to think of something else, I've already asked Santa for that, sorry.

Zeroing in on this, I think.
Armasight Spark Core. It gets pretty good reviews. Does anyone use night vision gear on board?

I have a First Mate night vision monocular.

I dont use it that much but it is very handy if you boat at night.

I have a First Mate night vision monocular.

I dont use it that much but it is very handy if you boat at night.

Thanks. It will be more than a boat tool/toy as our house is in a remote area and bordered by wilderness. Good for watching wildlife and spotting who might be setting off the driveway alarm at 2 a.m. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom