Feeling a bit nervous...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Larry - Cool link - TY. Put all its pages it in my corrosion book w/ my test meter. Always good to have more sources of info on this stuff!

Happy Boating Daze! - Art

Pete, a modest work list after 3 years in the water. They look so good just before going back in the water.
Anyone think antifoul color affects fouling, or is it purely cosmetic?

She's looking good Pete.

I was interested in Ben's comment on over zincing(not sure that is a word), I hadn't realised you could over zinc a boat. I do worry sometime about whether the copper bonding of the boat is still up to scratch though.

I am still of two minds about this whole bonding thing. The seacock which was most corroded, and had to be replaced, was to my knowledge, the only one in my boat which is bonded. All the others are not, yet appear to be still pristine. Explain that. The engineer who replaced it was also a bit skeptical from his facial expression when I quizzed him about it. As to being over-zinced - maybe if most of your fittings are not bonded, being a bit over-zinked is good…? Puts me in mind of a song, (murdered a bit of course)...

Over-zinced - under-zinced, wombling free, the Wombles of Mor-e-ton Bay are we….

Oh and best of all. today I dunked the dink in the swimming pool at home, having taken it home while her mum is out of the water…got in with it so I could tip it in all positions and even look from underwater...and found the pesky leak which has been bugging me for months…! You beaut! Now just to slip on a hat, slop on some contact, and slap on a patch…and we're good to go...

Cheers

Last edited:
Very interesting boat stand, and I love the Celica GT4 all trac in the background.

Pete, a modest work list after 3 years in the water. They look so good just before going back in the water.
Anyone think antifoul color affects fouling, or is it purely cosmetic?

Bruce,
I can't imagine black being anything but superior. Why would anyone put black paint on their yacht if it wasn't?

Seriously though .. a fellow in Craig Alaska was convinced that black was better. Some guys probably think engines run better if aligned to the magnetic lines of force of the earth and other such nonsense. But if there was more copper or other "active ingredient" in one color then of course that color would perform better but I'm fairly sure that's not the case.

Personally I'm not one for tradition but I've never put anything but red AF on any boat except my aluminum skiff and I had no choice there. Boaters these days seem to be painting the bottoms of their boats like new VW Beetle owners are painting their cars. At least boat owners putting weird colors on the bottoms of their boats are putting the offending bottoms promptly under water and out of sight. Never know when some critical guy like me will come along and be offended.

Spy that's peter's hot rod.

Last edited:
Very interesting boat stand, and I love the Celica GT4 all trac in the background.

Yeah, I love it too, that's why I still have it 23 odd yrs later. Gave it a repaint last year - came up better than new…better paint technology I guess.
Sorry, but since yah menchined it…

Attachments

• Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 93
Back
Top Bottom