Water Tanks before removal...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dougd1

Moderator Emeritus
I'm posting this picture to show the tanks on my Fales 30 before removal.* I'm not sure if the Willard is the same but I would bet that it is very similar.* My Fales brochure also stated that the tanks were 50 gallons a piece.* I replaced them with Todd 35 gallon tanks.* The originals had major failure on the top side.* They were literally falling apart.* The view is looking aft.....

Attachments

• water tank removal.jpg
    water tank removal.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 152
Doug,

I checked the Willard section so many times and there it was THREE posts. I guess this is relative to the WBO stuff. Well .. as far as I can tell your aft section looks the same as my 74 Nomad. I see your Fales is a 30'. I know about the 32'. Is there any Fales that are longer? I'd like my Nomad to grow to 34 to 36'.

Eric Henning
30 Willard
Thorne Bay AK

Has anyone ever considered taking their 30 and stretching it, Just cutting in half and adding 6 feet, maybe make the split about ten feet from the stern at the low point of the sheer? In some ways it could be a lot of work, but I bet the right glass shop could do a very good job of it.

When Fales stretched the mold, where did he add the 2 feet?

Dan Pease

By the way, I just had to replace the plastic tanks on my '74 Willard. They were plastic and very brittle, started cracking when I tried to move them so i could clean and work behind them. I had two 40 gallon rectangular tanks under the cockpit and replaced them with 4 20 gallon luckily in about the same footprint, and very cheaply due to ebay. Hope they hold up! Time will tell.

Dan

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom