Thread: inverter
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 03:10 PM   #22
Capn Chuck
Guru

RE: inverter

John, As I said earlier, your 6 year old inverter is nothing like the inverter you can buy from Xantrex today. They have changed the units, the manufacturing standards and the components. That is why I mentioned that getting feedback on the same equipment but older may not be a recommendation to buy that same equipment today. Raymarine is a good example. There is 10 year old or more Raymarine equipment operating perfectly out there, but that same radar or depth sounder or whatever is a totally different animal today. And not necessarily for the better. We have major manufacturers that have a failure rate of almost 50 % right out of the box and brand new, and have another 20% fail before it is a year old. That same manufacturers equipment even 5 years ago would never have a problem and is probably fully functional today. I just believe that folks coming onto sites like this looking for recommendations need to understand that rather than go out and buy a piece of equipment based on several recommendations that read "Mine have been working great for years" , they need to do more research and get some current, real life feedback. Chuck
Capn Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote