finally!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congrats too! I spent many hours looking at the 43 and 47. Didn't I see shots here recently of someone with art on that great expanse of engine room walls :)? Dave
Thanks! The 43 is a beautiful boat, just a little small for us. The 47 is the perfect size and most boat for its length, before getting into the 52,55,62, etc.

Yeah! ... Who makes that boat, she quite cool!:)

It is a custom boat. It's a diesel-electric..

img_192974_0_bbf9d7024cce1042fcb2cfea3269f47f.jpg

Congratulations! You purchased my favorite boat! :D

Be sure to sign up for the Nordhavn Owners Group, there is a wealth of information available.

There is also a group specific to the N47's, but it is not very active.

Congratulations! You purchased my favorite boat! :D Be sure to sign up for the Nordhavn Owners Group, there is a wealth of information available. There is also a group specific to the N47's, but it is not very active.
Thanks! I'll take a look at the group! :)

Congratulations! The N47s are beautiful boats. Definitely one of the Nordhavns on my short list of possible boats.

Congratulations on your new N47. A great boat and looks very clean. Did you purchase her through PAE? Best of luck.

John T.

Congratulations on your new N47. A great boat and looks very clean. Did you purchase her through PAE? Best of luck. John T.
Yes, Ted Robie.

Welcome to the Nordhavn Family

Oliver,

That's a beautiful 47. Ted has a great reputation among Nordhavn owners, he sold a friend of ours his 50 several years ago. What was her name before you bought her? We met Nexus's original owners in the Exumas when they still had their Sunseeker, which tells you how long ago that was :) The 47 is a great boat, you will enjoy it.

We have some friends in Australia who just purchased an '04 47, they are cruising in New Zealand right now. I am happy to introduce you if you like, you guys are at about the same stage of learning the boat.

Feel free to contact us anytime, we are reachable here or on our website at Blog: MVDuet.talkspot.com The Adventures.... We enjoy talking about the boats.

Best
Nancy

Oliver, That's a beautiful 47. Ted has a great reputation among Nordhavn owners, he sold a friend of ours his 50 several years ago. What was her name before you bought her? We met Nexus's original owners in the Exumas when they still had their Sunseeker, which tells you how long ago that was :) The 47 is a great boat, you will enjoy it. We have some friends in Australia who just purchased an '04 47, they are cruising in New Zealand right now. I am happy to introduce you if you like, you guys are at about the same stage of learning the boat. Feel free to contact us anytime, we are reachable here or on our website at Blog: MVDuet.talkspot.com The Adventures.... We enjoy talking about the boats. Best Nancy
Thanks, Ted was great too us! Her name was Miro, we also saw Nexus but in abaco's and that's what hooked us on 47. I'll get in touch, thanks! :)

She's out of the water after waiting 5 weeks, :) The guys at Stuart Yacht are doing and excellent job getting her buffed and waxed. All the shine is just from the buff and compound not even waxed and is shining like a beauty!!!

Attachments

• image-1559914376.jpg
    image-1559914376.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 221
  • image-2111763468.jpg
    image-2111763468.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 228
  • image-2904572366.jpg
    image-2904572366.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 233
  • image-2336360891.jpg
    image-2336360891.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 249
  • image-707114196.jpg
    image-707114196.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 242
  • image-3045812130.jpg
    image-3045812130.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 233
Last edited by a moderator:
Dock lines just came in.

Attachments

• image-1839986245.jpg
    image-1839986245.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 232
Soft shackles came...

Attachments

• image-2393989030.jpg
    image-2393989030.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 208
Isn't this Dynex great rope and so strong.
Cheers
Benn

Shes on the hard! :)

Attachments

• image-2505367006.jpg
    image-2505367006.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 229
  • image-3132922501.jpg
    image-3132922501.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 233
wow,this boat is just as beautiful out of the water as in!

I'm inclined to agree. But Oliver I have a question, it's one which always springs to mind when I see a lovely raised pilothouse design. Does the layout and the nice raised helm not basically make the flybridge redundant, or do you use it much at all..?

Is it me, or are there a lot of Nordhavn members around recently.

Have we gone upmarket?

I think just two, but they are justifiably excited about their new boats and sharing/asking a lot. The great thing about boats and boating is that 90% of it transcends brand.

I count 2-47s, a 35, and a 50. Anymore?

I'm inclined to agree. But Oliver I have a question, it's one which always springs to mind when I see a lovely raised pilothouse design. Does the layout and the nice raised helm not basically make the flybridge redundant, or do you use it much at all..?
Well we'll be doing an butt load of Bahamas cruising, and from the flybridge it's really easy see the water (depth sounding :D ). Also as you know florida is very hot so on an nice breezy day it's quite enjoyable to be on the flybridge. When stuff gets stormy we just herd on down to the pilot house.

Is it me, or are there a lot of Nordhavn members around recently. Have we gone upmarket?
More and more nordy's have been coming onto the market. At better prices.

I think just two, but they are justifiably excited about their new boats and sharing/asking a lot. The great thing about boats and boating is that 90% of it transcends brand.
Yeah, at one time owning a 40 was a dream. But then things happen in life, opportunities come up that are once in a lifetime.

Back
Top Bottom