Fender clips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, indeed - back to topic. Interesting that no one has come out in support of the fender clips. Sad - I guess the fender clip debate isn't going to make a trilogy with the 'which anchor is best' and 'periodic running of diesels' epic topics. Seems pretty cut and dried.

I have 2 of these and like them, but they only accommodate a line up to 1/2 inch / 12.5 mm.

32531_L1

Fendergrip Adjustable Fender Hanger - Overton's

Now that RT Firefly and Flywright have admitted to using them, I have to confess that I keep two fenders on each side held by these things. The Admiral loves them for quick up-down or vertical to horizontal adjustments in locking or when approaching a dock. They're a real pain for moving, otherwise. I expect they'll go into the yard sale when the Admiral gets back from Trawler School.

Greetings,
Mr. hh. Correction. I stated I had them, not that I used them. They sit, unused, in the junk drawer. You state the Admiral loves them for the quick up and down BUT you have to tie a knot in the free end while in use or there's a good chance they'll slip right off while adjusting. So, to move them or remove the fender for storage, one has to untie the knot, remove the line and re-tie the knot to keep them from slipping off the line onto the deck or better yet, into the drink. Great, if the fender is not stowed or if it remains in the same position on the rail. We tend to stow our fenders when not in use so as not to clutter up the deck or, ugh, run with them hanging over the side.

heck just let your fenders hang over the side like many do or if you want to look real salty...get rid of the fenders and bolt tires to your gunnels....:thumb:

Greetings,
Great, if the fender is not stowed or if it remains in the same position on the rail. We tend to stow our fenders when not in use so as not to clutter up the deck or, ugh, run with them hanging over the side.

Exactly. The Admiral requires two large fenders prepared and ready to drop on either side of the boat, vertically and horizontally. They are stored on the rail while underway unless it's a long passage.

Back
Top Bottom