Offer in on a P.T. 38

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snipe78

Hi everyone,
Going to be putting in an offer on a 1987 P.T. 38' Sundeck. Seems to be in really good shape and has a great layout. My only concern is that there is no Heat or A/C. Are these difficult to add to this vintage? Seems like a lot of people on here have P.T. 35/38's and wondering how you tackled this issue.

Thanks,
Brian

Welcome, Brian! We have a PT52, and love it!

Adding diesel heat is an easy DIY project- you just have to get comfortable with the idea that you'll be boring holes in the boat. This project can be done in your slip. I just installed a Wallas 40DT heater on our boat- it's quiet, and keeps the boat wonderfully warm!

Adding A/C usually requires at least 1 day out of the water to drill the hole for the seawater inlet. It's a bit more complicated, as you're dealing with fluid systems as well as air systems. Again, depending on your skill level/bravado level, it's not a hard project to complete.

Welcome aboard.
We have a PT38 Sedan with D7 Espar forced air, it works great as we cruise year round in the PNW.

On a side note, does anyone have any recommendations for a marine surveyor familiar with these Taiwan boats?

Brian, is this a Northern California boat?

If so I'll PM (private message) you my recommendation.

Back
Top Bottom