Here's one

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder if it comes with the bush frowning on the swim platform. :p

Looks nice....
If it looks too good to be true.....
Lots of teak deck, but is it sound underneath? Maybe it's a good boat....maybe not.

Sent from my iPhone using Trawler

I always see people looking for budget cruisers and thought this one fit the bill. It's actually priced correctly. It's a typical oriental built boat for the vintage. If you don't see ads saying "decks removed, fiberglassed, new fuel tanks, new wiring, new, new, new"- then they're ALL alike from this to a Grand Banks. It's not a Space Shuttle (which blow up too despite all their full time engineers and pampering!) it's just a boat. Bring the seller a sack from McDonalds with 350 Hundred Dollar bills and offer to swap it for the title, use the boat for several years-don't do a damn thing other than change the oil, and keep the bottom clean, then sell it in a couple of years when you're done for what you paid for it, to the next guy to do the same. You don't want to get into even thinking about restoring these boats. You'll end up putting $100k into a boat worth $75k when it's finished 4 years from now. As the Oriental clerk say's at my local store "You buy-you go!".

Last edited by a moderator:
With those teak decks and Volvo engines, not that great a deal.

Someone kindly pointed out my math was wrong. Meant to say 350 hundred dollar bills. Duh. Should had remembered that 3500 takes a Publix paper sack, only 350 fit in a McDonalds paper sack.
Show's where my head is at price wise, and why I don't take low priced listings. They must be "sackable", not "lunchable".
Heck- while I'm editing it, make it 150 hundred dollar bills.

Interesting stain on the interior teak paneling in the salon at deck level..

Something is getting wet from somewhere..

HOLLYWOOD

It's a ladies boat. Best kept at the dock for entertaining on. I can't see going to Panama in that boat.

Come on guys. This is solid advice from a professional in the industry about a purchase plan on a very affordable boat. Ya ain't gonna marry her. Just date her for a while!!

Roughly $1,000/foot ain't bad. Have fun for a few years and sell for nearly the same? Sounds like what FF affectionately calls a cheap round trip.

i have looked at worse for more money. sure its not a passage maker but it looks like a place to start.

Back
Top Bottom