Spectra Soft shackle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

N4712

Guru
Vessel Name
Oliver
Vessel Make
Nordhavn 47 Hull# 12
Anybody know where I could get and spectra soft shackle?

Spectra and Dyneema look like the same product with two different names. A soft shackle is available at many online sites, but here is one that is probably close by:

Soft Shackle

Hope this helps.......

Spectra and Dyneema look like the same product with two different names. A soft shackle is available at many online sites, but here is one that is probably close by: Soft Shackle Hope this helps.......
Thanks, I'll check those out.

Only problem I see is that it has a breaking strength of 2000lbs, don't think that's enough?.

What strength are you looking for? 4mm = 3,840 lbs and the stuff is real easy to splice with only a 10% loss of strength. We just replaced ss aircraft cable with Dyneema. So far so good.

What strength are you looking for? 4mm = 3,840 lbs and the stuff is real easy to splice with only a 10% loss of strength. We just replaced ss aircraft cable with Dyneema. So far so good.
I'm not sure myself, going go with the 10,000 below, that should be more than enough. :D

OK, I give up. Can someone 'splain to this ol guy what one would use one of those soft shackles for?

OK, I give up. Can someone 'splain to this ol guy what one would use one of those soft shackles for?
Essentially, it's a shackle made of rope instead of alloy. At least that's what I think it is. :D

It is exact as it says, use them instead of a metal shackle.......:)
Here is a link that will show you what they are. Remember Google is your friend.....:thumb:

We used to use them in diving because they allowed for a quiet but secure connection between metal things that could be easily disconnected when need with one hand using a knife or shears. On a snubber you could just as easily tie a rolling hitch with the same results.

Via iPad using Trawler

Back
Top Bottom