Find My Boat - $5,000 REWARD!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings,
$400K for a wooden boat sheathed in FRP?????? I don't think so. Coating a wooden hull in FRP is both a band-aid and a death knell IMO.

Last edited:
Greetings,
$400K for a wooden boat sheathed in FRP?????? I don't think so. Coating a wooden hull in FRP is both a band-aid and a death knell IMO.

While this is not necessarily what I would do with a wooden boat, the Vaitses method does seem to have a good track record.

And $400K is the asking.

Scott Welch
Island Eagle

Mental Masturbation.

Were you in the Air Force?

While I have seen this used here, this is the only place i have seen it since the AF of the 80's

P.S.

The full saying was: Bombs on target; all the rest is mental masturbation.

And by 1990 we sure had a lot of that

www.calpan.com

The listing is for a nice ship the size I think she thinks she needs.

5 large bedrooms 5WC, 2 GM 16V92TA.

Last edited:
1990 Terrebonne 75 Long Range Cruiser
$295,000
Image.jpg

http://www.popyachts.com/Page/Site-...90-Terrebonne-75-Long-Range-Cruiser/Page.html

For the buck and the space, I've always admired this baby Broward 75. A lot of boat for the price, but I'd sure want to have a good survey. I see it daily on my morning walk around the marina here in Longboat Key. Yeah, it's on Yachtworid too, so you can use the 5G's to buy new pillows.

1976 Broward Flybridge Motor Yacht Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

Anyone have any idea what it would cost to ship this beauty to Seattle.

My quick estimate of running her on on her bottom all the way would burn upwards of $50,000 in fuel in that 5,500 NM trip!

A little thread creep but... In 1996 to ship a 43 x 16' trawler from S. Florida to Vancouver BC via DockWise was $48K.

Anyone have any idea what it would cost to ship this beauty to Seattle. My quick estimate of running her on on her bottom all the way would burn upwards of $50,000 in fuel in that 5,500 NM trip!

That illustrates the futility of this whole venture from the start. Most newbies see the purchase price and figure "I can afford that". All good if a dock condo is what you want but if cruising is the goal you had better have the cash to feed it.

With all due respect to the dozen or so members here that put more than 1,000 miles per year under their keels, fuel is still the cheapest thing about owning boats of any size. Especially a boat that's been rode hard and put away wet so to speak.

Mr Bligh. That's the one in the passagemaker magazine, August 2004. Looks like someone finished it and is selling it. It was brought up before but didn't look like that then. May be time for GG to take another look at it.Larry

This thread is running on at least 3 forums that I know of and all the boats suggested, and there were some very attractive ones among them, have been rejected. Some even fitted the bill perfectly. Feed the troll at your convenience.

Didn't she post that her plans had changed and was no longer looking at boats? That's what I read.
Although the 1990 Terrebonne 75 Long Range Cruiser above floats MY boat, but even if free, (like Ink Printers should be!) filling her with fuel is best left to somebody with a huge trust fund and a Black American Express card.

He blog says she had a contract on her house, but that fell through... and that she's waiting for that to resolve...

-Chris

I'm guessing you found your boat, all the best to ya.

She is back! Just posted on Cruise Forum. I had faith and was for from the beginning. take time to buy a 50+ ft boat.

She is back! Just posted on Cruise Forum. I had faith and was for from the beginning. take time to buy a 50+ ft boat.

She still won't say what it is and the story about her house buyer lying to the bank sounds far fetched to me.

Today banks find out the truth right up front.

She still won't say what it is and the story about her house buyer lying to the bank sounds far fetched to me.

Today banks find out the truth right up front.

Well, with 198 posts and more than 8000 views just on this one thread, she can sure troll up a response. Very useful to her to run her blog.

Very useful to her to run her blog.

Whats a blog?

A post from G.G. on a different site.

"I haven't purchased yet. But, I have decided on a boat, (pending inspections, of course). My house sale fell apart a few days before closing. (Buyer lied to the bank, and they found out
banghead.gif
) But, I have a new buyer and new anticipated close date at the end of January (fingers crossed xxxxx) Moving the boat up in Spring would be ideal, but I am just not that patient."

She also said that the vessel is on the eastcoast and needs to be moved to Boston.

For all of you that have posted vessels for her to look at, I would watch to see which vessel she buys if one of you or any of you posted the vessel I would be asking for the 5k she offered.

In her post. (Find my boat $5,000.00 reward) she did not place any disclaimer on time or when the reward would end. So the 5k reward is endless

So for all of you that posted vessels watch out to see if the vessel she buys was one you posted, so you can get your $5,000 reward!

Happy cruising to all

H. Foster

Last edited:
So for all of you that posted vessels watch out to see if the vessel she buys was one you posted, so you can get your $5,000 reward!

HA! Good luck with that! She won't even post her real name. Do you think you have chance one of getting $5000 from a suggestion made on an interweb forum from a complete stranger? :whistling:

A post from G.G. on a different site.

"I haven't purchased yet. But, I have decided on a boat, (pending inspections, of course). My house sale fell apart a few days before closing. (Buyer lied to the bank, and they found out
banghead.gif
) But, I have a new buyer and new anticipated close date at the end of January (fingers crossed xxxxx) Moving the boat up in Spring would be ideal, but I am just not that patient."

She also said that the vessel is on the eastcoast and needs to be moved to Boston.

For all of you that have posted vessels for her to look at, I would watch to see which vessel she buys if one of you or any of you posted the vessel I would be asking for the 5k she offered.

In her post. (Find my boat $5,000.00 reward) she did not place any disclaimer on time or when the reward would end. So the 5k reward is endless

Happy cruising to all

H. Foster

As a public service, I'll act as intermediary. So, you guys that suggested boats please forward your bank account numbers to deposit your check. To insure privacy use private mail for this. Can't be too careful.

Tom.

I didn't post any vessels so I am not to worried about myself.:thumb:

But however, she can be found by some lawyer just by tracking her IP address as well has looking into her web site my friend. So Yes. If some one wanted to track her down it is really easy. The net is not that safe my friend! :rofl:

Happy cruising to all.

HA! What Tom said above. Besides, I suggested Tom's, Eric's, Mike's, Steve's, Walt's, John's, Rick's, Bob's, Bill's, Don's and Phil's boat. They're all still here.

I'm going to send a PM now listing Yachtworld, Boats.com, Boat Trader, and a couple of others saying: "How about one of these".

Last edited:
HA! Good luck with that! She won't even post her real name. Do you think you have chance one of getting $5000 from a suggestion made on an interweb forum from a complete stranger? :whistling:

Or even the actual boat:facepalm:

As a public service, I'll act as intermediary. So, you guys that suggested boats please forward your bank account numbers to deposit your check. To insure privacy use private mail for this. Can't be too careful.

What's your going fee for that????? :rofl:

Happy cruising.

H. Foster

Tom.

I didn't post any vessels so I am not to worried about myself.:thumb:

But however, she can be found by some lawyer just by tracking her IP address as well has looking into her web site my friend. So Yes. If some one wanted to track her down it is really easy. The net is not that safe my friend! :rofl:

Happy cruising to all.

Bet she uses the "Tor Browser"..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom