Top Ten Rules Of The Boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks BruceK

Notice the Signature. Red Wine Tolerant Boat :thumb:

Blue Heron, the trick is to blast 'em all before they get on the boat. That way if there's any cleanup to be done it's all on THEIR boat, not my boat. Besides, if they were drinking red wine before they attempted to storm my boat, the stains on their boat would blend right in!

:dance::dance::dance:

Lol

After seeing the size of the sharks we had around the boats this summer while cod fishing, I will be adding one rule for next year.

"Keep you hands inside the boat at all times, do NOT try to land your fish by hand, wait for someone to gaff it for you".

Robbie

Good one. Hadn't thought of that. A shark interrupted my bottom cleaning one time while we were at anchor. Don't think my wife really believed me.

Marty

We just had a 17 year old board surfer killed by a shark this weekend, in front of his 3 best friends who rescued him despite the presence of the shark, but to no avail. It doesn`t happen often, but it does happen, so take care. This was on the mid northern coast of NSW state. The type of shark is not confirmed, 8ft tiger shark is suggested.

Then buy a cannon that uses blanks. :D :thumb:
Or a real one that shoots grapefruit. Friends of ours had a 110' Canadian air-sea rescue boat they had turned into a yacht (think along the lines of the presidential yachts) and on the bow was a real cannon. Bob would shoot grapefruit. He was a lot of fun and his boat was a great playground. He and Betty were real nice people... his grandpa was Mr. Colt so he had a pretty decent armory aboard too.

His wife was nice -- she'd bake stuff.

Awards

After nearly 130 posts it's time to award the prizes for the best 10 rules as well as outstanding contribution awards.

The ten top rules in no particular order;

1/ OMG it's a marine Toilet! winner post No. 24 honourable mention to #10,12 &13

2/ Most unusual banned product winner post No.20, honourable mention to #71

3/ The heroic sacrifice rule, winner post No.26 (this award is not recognised in Australia )

4/ Squall ahead! winner post No.28, (award also not recognised in Australia)

5/ The get your priorities right award winner post No.85, honourable mention 45 & 93

6/ The eminently sensible rule joint winners #54 & 69

7/ The no wife swapping rule, winner #76

8/ The welcome to the navy rule winner 86, honourable mention 8

9/ No swimming rule, winner post no.123

10/ Well this is fun,winner post no.25

Awards;

i/ For outstanding cruelty to Grapefruit's, winner post 128

ii/ The dream on sailor award post 56

iii/ That is SO wrong award winner post 80

iv/ The what your mother told you ward, previously known as the Be careful that can take your eye out ward, winner post23

And finally, a special award for the funniest comment goes to post 69,
"it's like being in a can of whipped cream, with throw pillows".

The awards were decided on by an expert panel of a of one, and no malpractice or bribery is admitted. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for this... but dang!... Now I gotta go back through them all. ;-)

#1 rule on Siren was topless or baked goods...Jill bakes a lot!

What the fish or yours?? :rofl:
I have a good explanation for that: The banana originated from a greenhorn who ate it before casting off the dock to head to the fishing grounds. later that day he got seasick and barfed over the side, this is where the fish come in. The fish eat what's left of the banana, which fills there stomachs hence the fish don't bite. :rofl::rofl::rofl::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have a good explanation for that: The banana originated from a greenhorn who ate it before casting off the dock to head to the fishing grounds. later that day he got seasick and barfed over the side, this is where the fish come in. The fish eat what's left of the banana, which fills there stomachs hence the fish don't bite. :rofl::rofl::rofl::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So the short answer is both, very good! :lol::lol:

Thank you Andy.
When you cruise into Qld waters and we meet up you can have your pick from the beer frig or wine of your choice.
By the way another rule is that you are not allowed to drink more than the skipper. A bit un politically correct, but hey we are cruisers and rules are only a guide line aren't they.
Cheers
Benn

Andy, you excelled yourself…maybe you missed your true calling also..?

Oh, and Benn, Oliver needs to talk to you about Excels...

Peter I always have an open ear.
By the way did you see the photos of the Excel laying in the sand at Blu Lion Lagoon or was it Mystery Cay.
Looks good with the heavy chain.
By the way I went down and had a look over Brian's boat today she sure looks the goods.
Cheers
Benn

I took quite a beating about not allowing red wine on my boat. By way of showing that I'm not the TOTAL jerk some might thing, I do allow smoking by guests on Beachcomber.

However, in keeping with Washington's law regarding smoking in public places that states that smoking must be done not closer than 25' from a doorway. With that in mind, my designated smoking area is 10' aft of the swim platform.

Now how's that for being an accommodating sort of a guy!

I spilled some red wine the other night. The Admiral took the carpet protector to clean. It's clean but they shrunk...

:'(

When fishing marlin tournaments, we would go to great lengths to hide bananas on competitors' boats. When they came back skunked we would tell them where the bananas were hidden.:hide:

Don, your story reminds me of a few years back when our fishing club was having a campout. One drunken night, a couple of us grabbed bananas and some fishing lures. At 1AM, we snuck onto the boats and placed the bananas (with lures attached to soften the blow) on 5 boats. They were left in obvious places like glove boxes and coolers. Over the next 2 days, 3 boaters found the bananas and the Great Banana Mystery began. "Who the heck put these bananas on our boats? And, BTW, thanks for the lure."

I kept quiet and my partner in crime did the same. There were still 2 bananas out there. A week or so later, banana #4 surfaced, but the mystery remained. Almost ONE YEAR later, banana #5 surfaced! By now it was a black, crusty blob.

img_196136_0_6c62e860b9415e8f163d523596d184a9.jpg

My partner in crime threw me under the bus at this point. My reputation has never recovered, but it was worth it.

Last edited:
Al, you seem to have matured since then.

I may be growing older but I refuse to grow up! I'm having too darn much fun!

Acting like an adult has never been seen as much fun.:nonono: Don't take yourself too seriously. No one else does.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom