View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #10
Will
Veteran Member

City: Kent Island, MD
Vessel Name: M.V. LOTTIE
Vessel Model: Lien Hwa/Pilothouse LRC
Sunday 12/1/13.

As predicted Worst Marine was very happy to see me, hard goods outfitting done, victualing done, NOAA WX, checked. Tanks dipped, pre flight check list practiced...I think my slip mates are tired of hearing my whistle......emergency anchoring drill done.....emergency equipment checked and restowed...charts corrected for the first 200 miles, LNTM downloaded and reviewed, major machinery checked twice.. vessel secured for sea......set condition "Zebra"....stowaway search conducted results negative......hoist "Papa" and stand by fore and aft to single up.

Unless I wake up in the AM and find the forecast has changed significantly tomarow I will set off on the first leg, of my single handed trip south. I appreciate every ones input, and any sticky spots you hear about, please give me a shout out, you buoys and gulls are a great resource coupled with active captain I think I will have a decent idea of what is in store for me further down the track line.

Itinerary for tomarow is, last line 0815, bunker 0830, along with topping off potable, and black water discharge to shore side facility, then South to Solomon's Island for a little servicing from a few providers I know and trust down there, dinner and sunset on the hook, and shift pier side Tuesday or Wednesday morning for minor VR "Voyage Repair". I promise to take and post pics.

Any other ideas or input please forward!
Will is offline   Reply With Quote