Engine Gauges

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stevensibs

Vessel Name
Still Sibsie
Vessel Make
42' Bristol Trawler
I need to buy two instrument panels for the pilothouse and fly bridge as the diesel is finished and soon I must install it. I would like complete panels with tachs driven by a magnetic sender rather than the alternator. We drilled and tapped a hole in the flywheel for this purpose.
Anybody have any recommendations? thx.

I'm wrestling with some choices for instrumentation, too. Once I figure out what gauges I'll include, I'm going to order the instrument panel itself from this web site.

There's a member on this site that has made custom instrument panels. Top notch work too, he did a set for Kevin's Bayliner some time back. PM Kevin (ksanders) and ask who it was as I can't recall off the top of my head.

Don't forget the idiot lights with buzzers. Nobody watches their gauges ALL the time.

>Don't forget the idiot lights with buzzers. Nobody watches their gauges ALL the time.<

Even better assemble your own panel with Murphy Switch Gauges.

Total electrical loss and the gauges keep working , and they can be set to ring an alarm , or shut down as desired.

Nobody watches 100% of the time , but Murphy.

Thanks for the links everybody...great place to start. As far as watching gauges all the time, you're right, I DO want all the alarms. After 30 odd years of staring at cockpit gauges I just want to relax...lol

Somesailor, (Mike) did my dashboard panels.

He does great work, and uses a computerized rendering system making it easy to preview the finished product.

As to the engine gauges themselves, we went with Atena brand digital tachomoters, isspro brand EGT/boost gauges, and the rest I do not remember, but they might have been isspro as well.

The biggest joy of a diesel is older ones will continue to operate , once started with zero electric.

Should not the gauge package be the same?

Mechanical gauges only take a bit more time/effort to install.

Sage advise FF, I have read many of your posts and they are all smart. I am more comfortable with DC electric though as I have wired many boats and this one is is void of any wiring...I ripped it allout so I could design my own. Thanks for the advice

I installed 2 very loud bells inlieu of the std buzzers. Now the whole marina knows when I'm leaving. Drives the admiral bananas.

I agree Murphy switch gauges are very good and reliable. I changed out all my gauges to switch gauges for engines and generators. It also allows you to set when the alarm goes off, a pre warning. They also have very nice electrical gauges. All gauges have SS bezels.

Sent from my iPad using Trawler

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom