View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 07:02 PM   #1
Will
Veteran Member

City: Kent Island, MD
Vessel Name: M.V. LOTTIE
Vessel Model: Lien Hwa/Pilothouse LRC
And the adventure begins!

I posted a few weeks back that I was "Back in the Club" and I was asked for pics. Well tonight is the 24 hour anniversary of being on the boat, and all is going well. I will get a few pics in the morning after the old owner and I go through the boat one more time, for a familiarization. So far part of the adventure has been arriving at he boat at midnight, and getting the key cards to the marina from the prearranged hiding place. Getting aboard dog tired, and trying to fire up the heater to no avail, as the breaker was tripped on the unit and I had no idea where to look. Finally about 0200 actually getting to bed....fully clothed and under any and every blanket I could find.....it was 30 deg last night, and boy did it feel like it! This morning taking off to my storage unit to pick up my tools and a stop at Wally World, for soft goods outfitting, and lugging all that material down the pier and stowing aboard.

As for the continuation, Sunday will be the day Worst Marine remembers my name, and gives me a commemorative Plank, hit safe way for provisions, and take one more look at the WX for the Chesapeake, and if the stars align, pull the hammer back take the safety off and be ready for a Monday morning launch south bound!

I have some experience on the Chesapeake down to Norfolk, but after that it will be new territory.........all the way to Jacksonville........I will be single handing, and my schedule will be dictated by weather not distance or the calendar, I have three weeks before I have to go back to work so I am hoping to get far enough south so I will be out of the freeze danger......

So stay tuned for the adventure, drama, and hopefully no trauma maiden voyage.......Kent Narrows to Jacksonville! Hope to see you all out there!
Will is offline   Reply With Quote