Spotted!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

markpierce

Master and Commander
Vessel Name
Carquinez Coot
Vessel Make
penultimate Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
Carquinez Coot was spotted off the Martinez Marina today, heading west in the Carquinez Strait with a 2.5-knot ebb (pushing) current.

img_194810_0_5a9048ddb256d5ca89dde7d676fb57d3.jpg

Last edited:
Siesta was spotted near Turn Point in Pelorus Sound heading out towards Port Ligar last Friday. We had the tide with us and were achieving around 8.5 knots at the time :)

-Mike

Attachments

• spotted.jpg
    spotted.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Mike, if I could wave a magic wand, and transport Lotus anywhere from here, it would be to those Beautiful Marlborough Sounds over there. On my way to Med School in Dunedin, in 1969, when we arrived in my first car, a Ford Anglia, on the car ferry, I fell in love with Picton, and said to my wife, when I qualify I want to come here to set up practice. I often regret I did not do that, especially when someone like you gently twists the knife...
Love your boat. Always liked the later Pelin designs.

Mike, if I could wave a magic wand, and transport Lotus anywhere from here, it would be to those Beautiful Marlborough Sounds over there. On my way to Med School in Dunedin, in 1969, when we arrived in my first car, a Ford Anglia, on the car ferry, I fell in love with Picton, and said to my wife, when I qualify I want to come here to set up practice. I often regret I did not do that, especially when someone like you gently twists the knife...
Love your boat. Always liked the later Pelin designs.

Thanks Pete,

Yes the Sounds are a great place. I will try to keep the knife twists "gentle" ;)

Back
Top Bottom