What's happened to Belize Bill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moonstruck

Guru
Vessel Name
Moonstruck
Vessel Make
Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
The last I remember he was going treasure hunting. Has anyone heard from him?

Maybe he found it. He told me he found some ballast stones while diving in his home waters. He was going to try to get some gear to explore the area. Haven't heard from him since. KJ

I've been wondering the same thing. I've checked the other forums for Barbados Bill, Bahamas Bill and even Bermuda Bill just in case he relocated, but zip.

I recall the same as KJ.

I just verified that if you send him a PM an alert will be sent to his personal email address. If enough of us send him a PM it may smoke him out?

Username belizebill

I recall the same as KJ.

I just verified that if you send him a PM an alert will be sent to his personal email address. If enough of us send him a PM it may smoke him out?

Username belizebill

Thanks for the reminder, Craig. Sent him a PM.

From riodulcechisme.com, think he sold his boat about a year ago. No idea what became of him.

m.v Irish Miss
1979 Marine Trader Double Cabin
Offered at $68,900
Reduced to $48,900 Must sell !

SOLD !

36'L. 13'8" W 3'6" draft, 14 ton
120hp Ford Lehman/ 3000 hours
5KW Northern Lights Insulated Genset/ 888 hours
Comnav Commander auto pilot with fly bridge remote control

After being there in person I can see how Rio Dulce could get its hooks into you and never let you go. I thought hard about it but my spanish isn't anywhere good enough and the poverty level was a bit much for my wife. I think she'd have given all our money away in a year:-O

From a post I made on 1-12-2012 while in Rio Dulce. Bill was on the dock waiting for us when we arrived from Panama.

Caught up with Bill and Bogey the purebred Belizean Coconut Retriever last night at Bruno's. This afternoon while out exploring with a friend I saw Irish Mist on the hard getting her new paint!

Bill is a great guy. He was ordering Bogey some porkchops at Bruno's when we were leaving.**

Attachments

• p1120334belize bill and bogey.jpg
    p1120334belize bill and bogey.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 92
  • p1130369 irish mist.jpg
    p1130369 irish mist.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 108
Hi all, alive and well, relocated to Sebastian, Fl. Sold the Miss in Guat, only lost 30K, tanks were leaking, could never have it in the States without major refit. Beware newbies on the old trawlers, fuel tanks, fuel tanks, fuel tanks. Had a wonderful ,awful time cruising the Central America coast. Found several wrecks that made up for the losses. Really did not realize what a top heavy , bobbing cork of a vessel the Marine Trader would be, crossing the Yucatan Straight was damn right scary, and I don't scare easy. I admit ,I took her places that she was not made to go and She did not kill me. There were times that I was sitting on the companionway door and could touch the water as we where rolling. Best thing I ever installed on her was an autopilot , can't live without it. Looking now for a 25ft. Center console on a trailer for more treasure diving here on the Treasure Coast of Fl. Good to be home. Bill

Hi all, alive and well, relocated to Sebastian, Fl. Sold the Miss in Guat, only lost 30K, tanks were leaking, could never have it in the States without major refit. Beware newbies on the old trawlers, fuel tanks, fuel tanks, fuel tanks. Had a wonderful ,awful time cruising the Central America coast. Found several wrecks that made up for the losses. Really did not realize what a top heavy , bobbing cork of a vessel the Marine Trader would be, crossing the Yucatan Straight was damn right scary, and I don't scare easy. I admit ,I took her places that she was not made to go and She did not kill me. There were times that I was sitting on the companionway door and could touch the water as we where rolling. Best thing I ever installed on her was an autopilot , can't live without it. Looking now for a 25ft. Center console on a trailer for more treasure diving here on the Treasure Coast of Fl. Good to be home. Bill

Thanks for the realistic eval of the seaworthy comfort of most of the "production" trawlers...I doubt I would run mine that far...:D

Was just in Sebastion...sorry I missed you..or maybe I didn't and just crossed paths without knowing...:thumb:...pretty place...:thumb:

At Fins Marina (Squid Lips) they had a good sized salvage boat...know anything about her???

Hey Bill: There's talk about a TF get-together to consume Don's beer in Ft. Pierce.
Stay in touch here on the forum.....wouldn't want to miss that opportunity.

Great hearing from you again Bill. Stay in touch!

Now, this business about drinking Don's beer for him??? That sounds like a great idea :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom