Everything you need in 29 feet ! (Dutch Steel)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you are too beat up to continue watch with a sharp mind...you will care about comfort as much as seaworthiness...You can kill yourself from bad decisions after a rough day in an intracoastal waterway if you are all beatup from a stiff motion boat.

I'm not saying that floating condos are seaworthy...but just looking at a picture in NO WAY can one know ANYTHING about it's stability...that's all I'm saying in addition to too much stability can be a bad thing.....

Just like some here think they can determine speed and efficiency from a picture and have been proven wrong countless times...

My "scope" is not easily discerned from a few internet posts...guessing seems to be a big pastime around here...:rolleyes:

As I not like to profile my self on a hobby forum I will let this subject as is.

CeesH

As I not like to profile my self on a hobby forum I will let this subject as is.

CeesH

Don't worry about your background...no one seems to care here anyway....:D

If you have a bunch of numbers on the boat then post away and we'll judge for ourselves whether it's "seaworthy" or not.

If you don't...then please explain how you can judge seaworthiness (for sure) from a picture and it's not just some "boat show" generalization.

Not all off us are just "hobbyist's on a "hobby forum".....

Now which one is the plastic "tub" and which one is the global cruiser....:rofl:

Attachments

• Mainship_389_Pilot-01.jpg
    Mainship_389_Pilot-01.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 81
  • vrijon1.jpg
    vrijon1.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
Now which one is the plastic "tub" and which one is the global cruiser....:rofl:

NEITHER looks like it could carry enough fuel to do more than coast hop.

FWIW,it's a nice little unit, however I would like to see a starboard transom door, not just for access but so the skipper can enjoy a bit of fresh air under way.

Thank you Cees for showing this boat. It really demonstrates what can be accomplished in a compact footprint, which is exactly what some of us are after in a boat. :thumb::thumb:

Thank you Cees for showing this boat. It really demonstrates what can be accomplished in a compact footprint, which is exactly what some of us are after in a boat. :thumb::thumb:
always said if I didn't live aboard but wanted a decent cruiser and fisherman...I'd get a 30-34 lobster hull and have an island queen, opposite head/shower, decent hanging locker and 2 comfortable seats below...small galley (almost camping style) up.:D

I love the rounded windows... very reminiscent of the 50's and 60's. It wasn't until the 1970's that windows had sharp points at the corners. That's one of the clues I use to guess the age of boats.

But golly gee, I like that boat! She's beautiful, and steel too. You an make a lot of mistakes with a steel boat. I wonder what her underside looks like. With as much care as shown for her inside I'm guessing they protected her propeller and rudder. Hope so at least.

Which was designed by Perkins (owned by Caterpillar), built by IHI Shibaura in Matsumoto, Japan and painted various colors by Caterpillar, Case New Holland, Manitou, and Northern Lights for various compact industrial equipment. Oh, yeah, and Volvo Penta. :rolleyes:

This is good , a larger number of sources will not make parts cheaper , but assure parts availability in a decade or so.

All the Euro boats come with a rating A<B<C<D that is an estimate on their ability to go off shore .

A is good D is not so good.

Back
Top Bottom