Almost a trawler owner!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

O C Diver

Guru
Vessel Name
Slow Hand
Vessel Make
Cherubini Independence 45
Pretty sure most of you figured I was never going to finally buy a trawler (I sometimes doubted it myself :ermm:). Been looking for the last 8 years; really hard the last 3 winters. Wore out pairs of shoes and probably spent $4K to go look. Made up my mind at least 5 times on different manufacturers boats only to just not feel this was the one. Looked at the sister ship to this boat 2 years ago; fell in love with it, but it was just way to far out of my price range. Well I'm happy to say the price of this one dropped near my price range and I pulled the trigger. We sea trialed and finished the survey today. Have a few minor survey issues to resolve, but should be the proud owner of a 2001 45' Cherubini Independence soon.

:D:D:D

:smitten::smitten::smitten:

MC1.jpg

When boat shopping:
"If the boat doesn't make you want to turn around and look at it when you're leaving, walk away from it."

Ted

Pretty sure most of you figured I was never going to finally buy a trawler (I sometimes doubted it myself :ermm:). Been looking for the last 8 years; really hard the last 3 winters. Wore out pairs of shoes and probably spent $4K to go look. Made up my mind at least 5 times on different manufacturers boats only to just not feel this was the one. Looked at the sister ship to this boat 2 years ago; fell in love with it, but it was just way to far out of my price range. Well I'm happy to say the price of this one dropped near my price range and I pulled the trigger. We sea trialed and finished the survey today. Have a few minor survey issues to resolve, but should be the proud owner of a 2001 45' Cherubini Independence soon.

:D:D:D

:smitten::smitten::smitten:

View attachment 24907

When boat shopping:
"If the boat doesn't make you want to turn around and look at it when you're leaving, walk away from it."

Ted

Great news, Ted. She is a beaut. Hope it proceeds smoothly for you. Lot's of pictures, please.:thumb:

Ted: That was me that took your lines today when you left for the sea trial. Sorry I didn't know it was you. Bill Harris is the best, and I dearly love that Cherubini. I'm really excited for you. Sorry I wasn't hear to catch the lines when you returned. I was over at Shearwater working on my genset. Sincere congrats.

Congratulations!!! just looked at the pics on yachtworld, she's beautiful!!! I like the aft pilot house especially! :)

Ted,

Congrats on the new purchase:dance::dance:.Great looking vessel.
I hope to be in your deck shoes one of these days!

OD

Very Nice! congrats!

Single engine and no flybridge! :thumb::thumb::smitten:

Ted: That was me that took your lines today when you left for the sea trial. Sorry I didn't know it was you. Bill Harris is the best, and I dearly love that Cherubini. I'm really excited for you. Sorry I wasn't hear to catch the lines when you returned. I was over at Shearwater working on my genset. Sincere congrats.
Small World!

Won't be moving the boat till after the first of the year. We will have to get together when I come over to set stuff up on the boat. Really small world: Bill Harris used to live in Annapolis and came over to my Salisbury scuba store to buy gear from me maybe 15 years ago. We only figured it out when we started talking scuba.

Ted

Single engine and no flybridge! :thumb::thumb::smitten:
Yup! Now all I have to do is find a 4045 John Deere like in your boat to make it perfect. Deere stopped making them this year for the USA market because the tier 2 emission standards have expired. They won't be making them again till 2015 as tier 3 or 4. :cry:

Ted

Few more pics:

MC14.jpg

MC20.jpg

MC7.jpg

MC10.jpg

MC15.jpg

MC36.jpg

Ted

Very nice looking boat. It looks like it's been well cared for.

You followed my three main rules for buying a boat....

#1-Fools Rush In so take your time, due your due diligence and then...
#2-Buy Your Second Boat First. In other words, if you've done #1 right you won't buy the wrong boat the first time then want to trade it in a year or two.
#3-The Wrong Boat, at the best price in the world, is STILL the wrong boat.

Nicely done on your selection.

I can testify to the sumptuousness of this vessel. When the Broker cruised into the Marina, I was smitten. If it was missing anything, I'd say it was "me" as the owner. Anyway, it would be great to run into you again, Ted.

Gongrats! She looks well worth waiting for!

Great boat!! :thumb: Ya Done GOOD!!! :D :dance:

Congrats, and of course: Happy Boating Daze!! - Art :speed boat:

Congratulations. Beautiful boat, I've always admired them. 1+ on Bill Harris. He helped us with our purchase as well.

People like Bill Harris, Tucker Fallon, and Mark (Daddyo on TF) prove that there are good brokers out there. Believe me they are worth finding.

Powerful little ship:thumb: Somethings are worth waiting for. Congrats on keeping the faith! She is a beauty:flowers:

Congratulations. Nice boat. I was on hull number one when they took it to the Annapolis boat show. The Cherubini yard is attached to our marina on the Delaware River and they use our travel lift to launch their boats. Several of my friends (including Dave Cherubini) built those. Dave owns the company now. His uncles owned it in the 90's when they joint ventured with Independence to build the Independence boats. Not sure who builds them now.
John
MS390

I asked Dave two years ago at the Annapolis show if they would ever build another and he said they would if they got the order and that she would be about a million+. Nice heavy built little ships!

People like Bill Harris, Tucker Fallon, and Mark (Daddyo on TF) prove that there are good brokers out there. Believe me they are worth finding.

So kind, thank you!:smitten:

Very nice looking boat, congratulations! I have always admired the lines of these boats, never been aboard one but the pictures show an impressive boat. Best of luck.

Hi, another INDY owner. I have the first 50' INDY made. Great vessel. I have collected a lot of info on the history of the Independence line. Do you know what her name was before MISS COTTON. I have my INDY-50 now at Atlantic Yacht Basin with Chuck Grice, I am afraid it is time for a 36' Europa or smaller. Good Luck with a very well made vessel.

Hi, another INDY owner. I have the first 50' INDY made. Great vessel. I have collected a lot of info on the history of the Independence line. Do you know what her name was before MISS COTTON. I have my INDY-50 now at Atlantic Yacht Basin with Chuck Grice, I am afraid it is time for a 36' Europa or smaller. Good Luck with a very well made vessel.

Hi Ron, don't know what her original name was. Believe I will be the third owner. Have looked at the pics several times for Yankee Dream, gorgeous boat! Someone will get wonderful vessel at a very good price!

Ted

We inherited a plaque on the boat that had a picture of her sitting the Bahamas and under it is a brass plaque listing her three former names and the years. Really nice idea!

Eight years of looking, well I would say that she was worth it. The lines are classic. A sure show stopper both inside and out. Something to be very proud of with each sun downer!

Enjoy every sip!

Closed on the boat today! Time for a new avatar. Let the cruising begin!

Ted

Closed on the boat today! Time for a new avatar. Let the cruising begin!

Ted

Congratulations, Ted. What a day for you. Hope to see you before you head north.:thumb:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom