Hello / Recently Joined Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hydro

Vessel Name
Kik N Birrd
Vessel Make
1983 50' Ocean Alexander MK1
Hello everyone,

My name is Randy & I joined the forum in October. My lovely wife and I own a Ocean Alexander Mark 1 we purchased in May of 2012. I have read quite a few posts prior to joining & learned a lot from the forum especially when we were searching for the right boat to purchase. Just thought I introduce myself.

Regards, Randy

Hello fellow Washingtonian! There are quite a few of us on here. Nice looking boat you have there that picture looks like it's taken at Sucia.

Happy boating,
Bob and Jill

Thanks Bob, I appreciate the welcome!

Welcome aboard. You have a great boat for cruising. What are your plans?

Marty

Welcome aboard Sir!

My wife and I are still looking and have been aboard a few of the Ocean Alexanders and really liked them! More pics and more info please........congrats :) Brad & Michelle

Marty,

We cruise the San Juan & Gulf Islands. Plan on making up to Alaska when life permits some day. Looks like you have a very nice Krogen 42. I like the Krogen trawlers. How do you like her?

Hydro

After 15 years of having Bay Pelican we are of course totally unbiased. Actually the Krogen 42 has been a great cruising boat for a couple. In the sweet spot of the size range and capable of going where we want to take her.

My start with a Krogen 42 was in Anacortes where we chartered a Krogen 42 and cruised the San Juan Islands. You are fortunate in having a wonderful cruising grounds at your door step.

Marty

Krogen

Marty,

Sounds like you are pretty happy with your boat. That is how we started out as well. We chartered a new Selene out of Anacortes when we lived in Colorado. That started a trawler fever for us & a love for the San Juan Islands. We decided we wanted a pilothouse, fly bridge, mid ship stateroom, twin engines, & fuel economy. That is how we ended up with Kik N Birrd our OA Mark 1. With the Lehman 120's we cruise 8 knots & burn 4 gallons per hour. We have 3 Krogens near us at our marina & my wife & I always stop & look at them. We like the lines & the cockpit.

Regards, Randy

Randy

Wishing you many happy years of cruising. With your boat i assume someday you will go to Alaska.

Marty

Really nice boats. Mr Monk tore a page out of Mr DeFever's book when he penned her. I almost pulled the trigger on one several years ago but she had 10,000 hrs on her 3208 cats.

We looked at several 49' Defever's during our search for a boat. The plan B has pretty much the same layout as our Mark 1.

Randy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom