Honda Ruckus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaltyDog

I'm curious if anyone has any experience with these being used aboard while crusing. I saw one the other day and thought it might be the ticket for some.

2013 Ruckus Overview - Honda Powersports

I have no connection to these, nor any actual experience with them......and any other disclaimers, blah, blah, blah.

Yes, they are awesome. Have seen a few boats carry and hoist onto the dock with the dinghy crane.

Interesting, but if I could carry a 194 lb toy I think I could carry a 286 lb real bike with 3x the power comfortably capable of carrying two.

And the dollars are pretty close as well
2013_Ruckus_370x246_Black_FFF.jpg

2013 Ruckus
Urban Attitude
49cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke engine
194 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
Starting at $2,649

2013_PCX_370x246_MetallicBlack_FFF.jpg

2013 PCX150
153cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Honda V-Matic? belt-converter automatic transmission
Single 220mm disc with three-piston caliper and CBS
286 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
Starting at $3,449

Specification Comparison - Honda Powersports

The Ruckus doesn't seem to have any brakes - boat shoes?

The scooter is nice on the road but the ruckus will take you anywhere! It has wide tires and is very stable in the dirt, plus the smaller engine might avoid some license issues depending on where you are!

but the ruckus will take you anywhere!
Except any distance at speed with a passenger.;)

I had a PCX for several months in Thailand and it was an absolute pleasure to ride in comparison to some smaller bikes I had rented previously.
It did see some dirt and rough, but not what I would call off road.

I clicked on here just to see what the ruckus was all about.

The newer Vespa scooters are 150 CC or 250CC!

Not light but less likely to get hassled draggung it up a dock.

People in my neck of the woods are using electric bikes- they charge while you ride them- some of them even fold up and they are super quiet-(bikes not people)

I bought this recently, very hard to get 2014 Honda Grom. I slightly modified it with a yosh full carbon pipe, steel braided brake lines and a rear fender eliminator. I bought it for the trawler I thought I was going to get :banghead:
funny thing is, I love the little fella and ride it all over town.

ry%3D400

about 10 horse power, 100 MPG. It can propel my svelte :rolleyes: 225lb frame up to about 57 MPH

ry%3D400

Looks like the Metropolitan is a bit shorter, a bit lower, same motor, and about $600 cheaper?

Also, by having a 49cc motor compared to some of the other scooters mentioned, it's classified as a moped, not a motorcycle. Cheaper insurance, no special license, etc.

Jim

Great for getting around. Just keep in mind that if you ever go to the Bahamas or Mexico you need to check whether you can drive it there.

Marty

roguewave,
Your BEESER looks more comfortable to me.

Is that 57 flat out or cruis'in at 57?

roguewave,
Your BEESER looks more comfortable to me.

Is that 57 flat out or cruis'in at 57?

Throttle pinned, flat out...."I'm givin' er all she's got captain"

Scotty to Capt Kirk lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom