Unbelievable..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Insurers often attract criticism, not praise, so yes, when comfortable doing it please identify the insurer. They deserve it, and it is good for others to know.
An aside,a letter in Afloat magazine this month says GIO, part of Suncorp, are not issuing/renewing cover for boats kept on moorings. The writer was unhappy he was only told close to the expiry date.

Happy ending....new beginning!!!
:dance::thumb:
Very happy for you!
Sounds like a great company and the start to something special...again.

Not nice that you lost your boat but nice that the insurance company dealt with you fairly.
Good luck on the next boat.

I'd like again the name of the insurance company. One that deals well with claims is always of interest. But wait until you've got the check in hand!

Yes please.
I'd like to know as well for future use.

OD

Hey gents,

My insurer is NRMA. I can't complain one bit about there service either.

At no point did they probe me for information or make me feel I was ever going to have an issue. The assessor was an independent marine surveyor called David Holmes. Great guy very understanding and down to earth. Ill probably get him to do the survey on my next boat actually.

The whole thing was a breeze really. It did help that I had a police report and all the accident details were contained in that. I think this really helps when doing a claim as the details of the incident are submitted by an authority and not just the involved parties.

David rang me today to advise me that the boat is now sold and he will be removing it off my mooring soon as I send him the keys!

Ill be using them again for sure.

Cheers !

Hey gents,

My insurer is NRMA. I can't complain one bit about there service either.

At no point did they probe me for information or make me feel I was ever going to have an issue. The assessor was an independent marine surveyor called David Holmes. Great guy very understanding and down to earth. Ill probably get him to do the survey on my next boat actually.

The whole thing was a breeze really. It did help that I had a police report and all the accident details were contained in that. I think this really helps when doing a claim as the details of the incident are submitted by an authority and not just the involved parties.

David rang me today to advise me that the boat is now sold and he will be removing it off my mooring soon as I send him the keys!

Ill be using them again for sure.

Cheers !

Thanks for ins co name, Grantm.

I'm very pleased to learn how things ended up for you.

Talk about turning sow's ear into a silK purse!

Keep us updated on your search for "new" boat - should be great fun...

BTW - Do you know if NRMA insures inside U.S.?

Thanks for ins co name, Grantm.

BTW - Do you know if NRMA insures inside U.S.?

NRMA was originally the National Roads and Motoring Association which expanded into a full insurance company.
They don't operate in the US, but I can't say for sure whether or not they would insure there. (doubtful as most insurers give the US a wide berth due to the litigation game that goes on there)

Does the US have a motoring association which insures? Canada has the CAA, although I don't know if they offer marine insurance.

NRMA is still a mutual motorists association, for road breakdown services, and more, based in NSW state. It spawned an insurer which became a public company IAG (Insurance Group Australia Ltd.) ,which it licenses to sell insurance under the NRMA name. Like various Australian insurers, it makes regular unsuccessful forays overseas buying insurance coys no one else will. Not heard of it carrying on business in USA.
It is said the best advertisement for an insurer is a well conducted promptly paid claim. This one certainly is, credit where credit is due.
There is a well known Sydney boating family, name of "Holmes". Bob Holmes was a famous 18ft skiff racing competitor, went on to offer boating services including brokerage at the CYCA. I`m guessing David Holmes hails from there.
Good luck with the search for a replacement.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom