Old to boating new to forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

denloe1

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Angelique
Vessel Make
Hatteras 80' CPMY
Hi to all,
Joined to keep learning. I just sold a 1952 42 Chris Craft I owned and cruised for 20 years. Replacing it is a 1989 Grand Banks 46 classic, galley up.
We belong to Columbia River YC and Grand Banks YC here in Portland.
Plan to cruise that boat 1st up North next summer, then all the way to the East Coast in a few years.

Posted some pics. More will come. Love the stories here. I am on Boatdiesel too.

Welcome! The 46' is a fine boat:thumb:Just missed on one years ago with a single in her.

Welcome aboard. The GB classic is a great cruising boat.

Marty

Dan, welcome aboard. That GB is a very nice piece of equipment. I like the CRYC people. We've stayed there a few times and have always been treated very well. Plus I like your diesel prices!!

If you get a hankering to take a trip upriver and head to the Tri Cities, give me a shout. We have transient moorage at our YC and I can grease the skids for you.

Mike
AKA GFC

Hi to all,
Joined to keep learning. I just sold a 1952 42 Chris Craft I owned and cruised for 20 years. Replacing it is a 1989 Grand Banks 46 classic, galley up.
We belong to Columbia River YC and Grand Banks YC here in Portland.
Plan to cruise that boat 1st up North next summer, then all the way to the East Coast in a few years.

Posted some pics. More will come. Love the stories here. I am on Boatdiesel too.
Dan, I'm a newbie to the board and am currently looking a buying a GB 46 (Dream Catcher) in FL. Would be interested in hearing more about Sapphire, how you've used her so far & some of the "likes" and "not so much's" about her. Yeah, I know, she's your new baby but that aside.

TIA,
Phil

Welcome aboard Dan:thumb:

Robbie

Dan, I'm a newbie to the board and am currently looking a buying a GB 46 (Dream Catcher) in FL. Would be interested in hearing more about Sapphire, how you've used her so far & some of the "likes" and "not so much's" about her. Yeah, I know, she's your new baby but that aside.

TIA,
Phil

Hi
We bought galley up w 3 staterooms. 1989. Don't like old magazine rack salon table. Will replace with hi-lo. Have fore and aft facing on top of locker box seats on fly bridge.will become helm seats and corner couch somehow. Old cats doing well. Replaced exhuast and cooling hoses. Treated rusty fuel tanks while exh hoses were out and rebedded fills. Lots of older electronics dead and replacing. Has old espar D7 heater...almost no parts left for those...got working with last pump from dealer. Has no ac. Need. Like the decks,ss rails, dinghy davit, garmin 4212. Had to completely rebuild holding tank suction(made ofcopper and it corroded away) and vent setup and the vacuflush pumps..got a super deal though...I have done most work except rehosing all the engines.

Cruises nice at 10-11. Full throttle is 20.5 kts. Mast lowers to fit in boathouse. 40' antennas too. Overall layout cockpit and full side decks nice.

It should serve us well to Puget sound soon and Baja and beyond in a while..

Not sure if we like cold plate fridge and freezer yet..do like little ice maker.

All I can think of right now...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom