87-88 Albin Trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slowandsteady

Vessel Make
Mainship 34 III
Hi Everyone, I'm trying to get out on the water by springtime and I started to settle on looking at Mainship 34 1980's models. Well, today I came across a few Albin 34, called a trawler with a single engine and called a Fast Trawler with twins. Anyone have one of these? They have an aft cabin but not like a typical aft cabin trawler. It has a pair of ladders to the bridge and it looks a little different. Most have Cummins, which I like, but prefer a single. Lots of boat for the money. Any opinions about these boats out there? The user that calls himself moonstruck mantis has one, I think. Are you you out there? Message me! Or tell me what you think of your Albin please.
Sent from my iPhone using Trawler

Last edited:
There is an albin owners group, link below.
There are a couple of 34 owners that frequent the group, one local to me in Ct (with a single Cummins) that are actually thinking of selling to get something larger.
Personally I owned an older 34 Mainship (for 14 years) and I think that Mainship is a much better boat than the Albin 34 for many reasons. Just sayin.

Albin Owners Group • Index page

I looked at an 83 Mainship34 III on Sunday in Milford. It was a solid boat, only 900 hours on the 200 hp Perkins, owner took us out for a cruise but it was a little bare bones for me. Solid decks, outdated electronics, just didn't get me excited. Maybe I'm expecting too much, but not sure if I will make an offer. I would be interested in looking at that Albin 34 you mentioned. Maybe you can PM me with contact info if you have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Trawler

A better idea since I really don't know how serious they are is for you to send me YOUR contact info. Then I'll pass it along to the couple and they can contact you.
OR join the Albin group and ask if anyone is thinking of selling.

I guess I don't care for the layout of the 34 Albin. I was aboard one once and it seemed very awkward to get around.

Will do, jleonard. PM on its way.
The boat looks a lot like a Family Cruiser on steroids. I would really like to take a look to see if we like it.

Back
Top Bottom