View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 03:16 PM   #5
C lectric
Guru

City: Gibsons, B.C., Canada
Vessel Name: Island Pride
Vessel Model: Palmer 32'
Your insurance will be different from mine but there is no 'chartering' allowed in mine. That becomes commercial for me, complicates things in a bunch of ways and becomes a different policy. If people 'cheat' and there is a problem insurance can become a nightmare so for most of us unless trying to actually run a business of it, it's out of the question. There are those that do but it is a business.
Never mind that I would not charter my boat and it isn't some fancy doodad but it is MY, well OUR, boat..

Ask around. You might find someone who can but i think it will be a hard slog.

Just because the exact same type of boat you are thinking of isn't in a charter fleet doesn't mean the experience will be of no value. There is a lot more to owning a boat than just the amenities aboard.

PILOTING, Boat handling, line handling, personal gear, electronics use, galley up vs down, anchoring, amongst other things.
Even twins vs singles.

You will learn something from a charter that will be of use in your choices plus you should be able to enjoy yourselves while at it.

Of course, what are you looking at? Are the charter possibilites all too small or too big? How far afield have you looked.? Maybe in another area you will get close.

Sorry I can't be more help but I have been asked this before by friends and it will always be no, I don't want to make a business of it.
C lectric is offline   Reply With Quote