Smallest Trawler owned by Forum member?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Tom.

I'd love to visit your Nimble... I'd looked at them, along with the Alaskan24 back in the day. There's something to be said for removing the engine and taking it to a repair shop versus tearing down the block and replacing gaskets from the head up. That was not fun.

When times like that occurred, or during our haul-outs my dad used to say "It's the yachting life" particularly if the job was filthy, hot, miserable and/or in a spot only suitable for a midget monkey. Because I was small, and knew which end of a wrench to use, I was his helper. Mother was smart. She'd get off the boat and go some place away from the bilges. With just me as a helper, daddy wouldn't cuss (in English) though I did learn some not-so-nice French words.

As for my girl, apparently just six of these mini-Schuckers were built and I believe only two others exist. Those two are much more in the line of yachts with beautiful interiors and shiny exteriors, plus lots more teak too.

Still I'm more a boat girl so am pleased with my home. Life truly is great afloat. :)

I was down at Salorman's in Ft. Lauderdale the last week and found these two trawlette possibilities in the front lot.

Attachments

• IMG_0430.jpg
    IMG_0430.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_0431.jpg
    IMG_0431.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_0433.jpg
    IMG_0433.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 202
I may as well throw my hat (boat?) into the ring. While not the smallest trawler here and hard to beat "Salty" in good looks and character, it is still a lot of boat in a small package. A Devlin 22' Surf Scoter that I acquired a few years back after many years of dreaming.

Attachments

• DSCF6259 - Copy.jpg
    DSCF6259 - Copy.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 151
  • DSCF6261 - Copy.jpg
    DSCF6261 - Copy.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 174
DPMacV,
There's several Scooters in LaConner WA.

She's cute DPMacV... what about some interior pictures too? I love the look of her bow. Very nice with those big windows too. Enjoy.

Here are a few interior photos. I may need a wider angle lens to get it all in.

Attachments

• DSCF2157.jpg
    DSCF2157.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 171
  • DSCF2160.jpg
    DSCF2160.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 148
  • DSCF2312.jpg
    DSCF2312.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 151
She's a beauty inside too. Your portlights are bronze and simply gorgeous.

Congratulations, and thanks for the pictures DPMacV.

Here are a few interior photos. I may need a wider angle lens to get it all in.

Purdy baby; inside and out! What do you do with hanging table when not in place over V-berth? Have another useful location for same "table" piece?

Greetings,
Mr. A. Looks like the table top fits in with the v-berth for increased "sleeping" surface. Enough said...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom