View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #1
cowdogs

City: SE Florida
Vessel Name: TBD
Vessel Model: TBD
Help expand my short list

Let me start with Hello. I am new to the forum, and hoping to become a new owner of an older trawler someday soon.

The problem is my short list only has 1 boat so far. I am 6'5" tall, and I'm trying to find boats where I can stand without stooping and ducking (much?). I expect my choices will be limited. So far I have the Krogen Manatee 36 on my list after reading the headroom is 6.5-7'. I have spent weeks searching older threads here on trawler forum for some answers, and I am not having much luck, so I am trying a more direct approach. Any ideas will be really appreciated. Below is the rest of my criteria which are not height related.

I live in SE Florida. I will be cruising my local waters, the Bahamas, the US east coast, and maybe the loop someday. I am looking for a full displacement hull, powered by a small diesel(s) that burns 1-1.5 GPH at cruise. My budget is in the 160K range after refurb/repairs. I would like to be in the 36'-42' range, but could go as large as 48' if the numbers work. Since I've owned and refurbished a few smaller fiberglass boats, and I've remodeled a couple of my houses, I feel I am good candidate to take on an older boat that might come with a few projects.

Thanks again for any ideas
cowdogs is offline   Reply With Quote