Old 11-09-2013, 06:13 PM   #11
hmason
Guru

City: Stuart FL
Vessel Name: Lucky Lucky
Vessel Model: Pacific Mariner 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by psneeld View Post
old pic...it was the first thing I trashed...I have also replaces the flybridge privacy curtains with black ABS ...

I HATE canvas....way too expensive, even if you do your own...and I hate worrying about it flapping a bit in a breeze and tearing seams.

Here a month old pic.
Our enclosure is made of a material called Stamoid. A tad more expensive than Sunbrella but should last way longer. It is a vinyl type material that hoses right off, won't get moldy or deteriorate. It is double stitched with Goretex. The windows are Strataglass Low E that block UV and have a very slight tint. All zippers are heavy duty nylon, also double stitched with Goretex. It is now at the end of its first year and looks like the day it was installed. I hope I can say the same 5-years from now. Our FB is quite large, and surprisingly, the entire job came in under $8K. The FB does not get a drop of water even in a wind driven downpour. It's almost hard for me to believe.

We are liveaboards and the ability to sit and relax on the FB on a chilly or windy day is like having an extra room.

BTW, on our prior boat, a Grand Banks 36 with a bimini only, I hated snapping on the FB cover only to take it off and fold it up the next morning. The windows on the enclosure are a lot easier. Again, different strokes as they say.
hmason is offline   Reply With Quote