Hunker Down in the PI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Animal

Not sure if anyone on here is currently in the PI, but from the looks of it if you are, you better seek shelter ASAP! Gonna be one hell of a storm - got an eye like Andrew and a girth like Sandy.

Yep just saw that, projecting sustained winds of 300 km/hr gusting to 340 km/hr, going to be a dandy!!!

Super Typhoon Haiyan Headed Toward Philippines
monster-typhoon-philippines-haiyan_73273_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
Perla's homestead in Jaen was wiped out (fruit trees knocked over, damage to house and electrical lines, and so on) in the storm a couple of weeks ago. What more?

Ugly storm:(
Stronger and wider than Katrina.

Thoughts and Prayers to those in it's path.

OD

Just received word from friends at Boracay that they are well but the island is a mess. No utilities is a given in lesser storms.

BoatGM, how did you fare the storm?

I hear metro Manila is fine, typhoon passed well south.

As Bruce stated Manila is fine and I dry sail so my boat was in the cradle. (light boats have advantages) We are planning to head down to Caluya, Antique (islands of and around Semirara, Buad, and Molocamboc) We have the next TD that will pass that area Tuesday and Wednesday so we are watching.

As Bruce stated Manila is fine and I dry sail so my boat was in the cradle. (light boats have advantages) We are planning to head down to Caluya, Antique (islands of and around Semirara, Buad, and Molocamboc) We have the next TD that will pass that area Tuesday and Wednesday so we are watching.

Good to hear all is well with you :thumb: PMA updated their Facebook page and was good to see they did well too. Stay safe my friend.

Last edited:
DSC09495-600x450.jpg

Loading up for a Christmas trip to the Typhoon effected area. Last trip we had the boat full of goods for island and remote coastal communities, including one ton of fuel we had over 3.5 tons on board. This trip was about 1000 miles, the boat was loading at the start and empty at the end. Day trip loads were around 1000 pounds, per day. The sea conditions varied over the week . . The speed averaged 14 knots over the whole trip with fuel burn >.5 liters per Nmile.
The Christmas trip will be lighter with hygiene kits, first aid supplies, tarps, clothes and toys.

I love your boats efficiency and mission too. Has there been any progress on your new build project? I know you've been busy since the typhoon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom