AC Compressor reversing valve stuck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fryedaze

Guru
Vessel Name
Fryedaze
Vessel Make
MC 42 (Overseas Co) Monk 42
We have a 16000 BTU Marine Air Sytem Model C16H that will not blow much heat. It works great in the AC mode but not in heat. In heat the compressor gets hot and the suction side doesnt get hot like it should. I believe the reversing valve isnt shifting. I can here the pilot solinoid engaging but I dont thing the reversing valve spool is shifting.

My question is ... Has anyone fixed this problem and is it possible to cycle the reversing valve and agitate it to clear up the issue?

Follow up information:
My Marine Air System 16000 BTU unit, Serial#87K11967-11D is not producing full heat in the heat mode. It appears to be working in AC mode. The suction line temp is hot at 204F and the discharge is 60F. The seawater temp is 55F. The compressor is hot at 125F. I cycled the reversing valve many time thinking it may be hung up. I can hear the solenoid clicking and the sound of the reversing valve shifting.
When the unit runs in cooling mode the suction is 22.7F and the disch is 76.5F with the compressor at 110F.
I have another C16H on the boat and in heat it runs 145F suction, 60F disch and 47F compressor temps.
Any help would be appreciated.
Dave

Tap on the reversing valve with a hammer?

David

Look first at the voltage supplied to the terminals IF its Ok , tap away.

Replace reversing valve....

Tap on the reversing valve with a hammer?

Lightly with the handle , you are just hoping its stuck a bit not crapped out.

Replacement is not DIY , unless you have gauges and a suction pump.

and can silver solder

Ditto on the tapping suggestion. I had the same problem last fall with a similar system. The technician I called tapped on the valve and voila! It worked, and has worked fine ever since. Good luck.

I am dealing with this on one of my units. It did this in the Spring going from heat back to AC...and now it is doing it again going in the other direction. It may be a good idea to exercise these things mid season in the other direction.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom