FL120 Lift Pump Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SomeSailor

Guru
Vessel Name
Honey Badger
Vessel Make
42' CHB Europa
One of my two bulkhead mounted lift pumps (Walbro Autopulse Series 2100) has started drawing air and does not cycle on in demand mode, or cycle off in manual mode. When discharging into a bucket, it introduces much foam so I'm guessing a cracked diaphragm?

Anyhow... I'm looking to replace one or both pumps and was wondering which pumps most are using here. Mine are currently demand-only pumps in the 5psi - 6 psi range and I like the ability to manually run them to prime the filters.

What models are some of you running? Recommendations?

No one has any suggestion / opinion on what they use?

No one has any suggestion / opinion on what they use?

I'm puzzled - why a bulkhead mounted electric lift pump? Do you not have the traditional on engine lift pump?

They were installed by the previous owner, but they also serve to prime the filters and bleeding the system. One (starboard) seems to be sucking air into the system. The y are demand pumps that appear to be on the order of 5psi at the Racors.

I use the carter pumps. Similar to what you are describing. 5 to 8 psi. I have one starboard and one port. I use them for polishing as well as filling filters. I have them on a timer for polishing and use them manually for bleeding. I can also use them to transfer fuel SB/P or P/SB. I let the mechanical on engine lift pumps supply the engines when running and leave the carters off and valved out. The Carter could be used if the mechanical pump fails.:D

Would you happen to know what model you're using? Mine are older Walbros.

I was going to suggest Walbros or Carters.
Wxx3 just is running a thread about the same thing only he used a Mr Gasket pump.

I used Carter 4070 universal because the voltage, flow rate and pressure fit my requirements. You can get them from several sources just one being Summit Racing. Just shy of $100. or .1 boat dollars each.:D

Where is it drawing air from? Could it be a failed fitting? Foam means air, you might be able to seal the leak?

Back
Top Bottom