Installing longer fuel run on genset

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Bucky
Vessel Make
Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
After yanking my genset from its cursed location under the galley, I'm giving it a bit of sprucing up before placing it into its new home under the veranda. Of course, wiring, exhaust, fuel and thru-hull plumbing on on the agenda. Whereas the previous location only required an 8 ft. run of fuel line, the new location will require twice that or more. Do I need to install a boost pump for the increased distance. How long a run is OK for my Northern Lights 4.5 Lugger.

After yanking my genset from its cursed location under the galley, I'm giving it a bit of sprucing up before placing it into its new home under the veranda. Of course, wiring, exhaust, fuel and thru-hull plumbing on on the agenda. Whereas the previous location only required an 8 ft. run of fuel line, the new location will require twice that or more. Do I need to install a boost pump for the increased distance. How long a run is OK for my Northern Lights 4.5 Lugger.

I think it's more about lift than distance (though at some point flow friction might become an issue).

As long as it's less than 20 feet and no more lift I would think it's OK...I moved my dingy outboard fuel tank to the very bow of the dingy (12 feet) and it had no effect on it....and it's a 8hp so I can't imagine the lift pump is much.

When in doubt...either the install manual will give some fuel line requirements or a call/email to the manufacturer will cover it.

You'll be fine. 3/8 fuel line for both feed and return.

My NL 9KW is a good 25' from the fuel tank, plus extra for valve, filter, etc...

Great guys. Thanks for sharing the past practice wisdom.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom