Ocean Alexander 43

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wally

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Summertime
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen Manatee
My wife and I (newbies) are looking at an single engine OA 43 to buy as our future home and cruiser. Our plans are to do the Great Loop. We like the interior space available for living compared with many we have looked at. Would appreciate any and all comments as being newbies often don't know the questions? Thanks Wally and Darcy

I like OAs a lot. What year?

This one is an 83

OAs are great boats, but maybe a bit big for the local waters of Benson, AZ. :D Love the OA raised pilot house CPMY...the best of both worlds, IMO.

I used to fly a small plane into a private dirt strip in Benson long ago during my college years to visit my grandfather living there. Great memories of that little town!

4363509_20131004075348268_1_XLARGE.jpg

OK, I'll bite! This is Renee's & my favorite boat out of all the boats we've ever had.:cry:

4363509_20131004075348268_1_XLARGE.jpg
42, OA Sport Sedan...great boat! (I think this one might be a 48, however.)

Last edited:
Oa 43

Ocean Alexander is very Quality conscious and well designed, have not found any shortcuts in construction on my sedan,although any older boats condition will depend care and upkeep of previous owners. So check thoroughly and personally in addition to surveyor if possible. Good luck. Randal

We have a 1983 OA and so far we are very happy with the boat. We brought the boat before the start of summer. Overall OA seems to have done a good job on the build. The boat is solid, very heavy compared to the numbers you see listed on spec sheets. every thru hull has a bronze shut off even above the waterline. We have had some work to do since ours appears to have sat for a few years.

Lots of storage and rides well.

Back
Top Bottom