Finally, a new boat for Valentines day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

timjet

Guru
Hi Folks,

My long search for a boat has finally come to an end. My counter offer was accepted on a '98 Carver ACMY 35 ft late yesterday just in time to present it to the admiral for Valentines day. She's already on the computer trying to pick out new fabrics for it.
Had a dream last night: Holy s*** how am I going to pay for it!!!!

This has been an interesting journey, this boat buying experience with many emotional ups and downs. I know everyone on this forum has gone through this.
I won't bore you with the details of how I came to the decision on this boat, but will say the broker I used was instrumental in helping us come to this decision. I generally do not trust boat brokers, real estate sales people or used car sales people, but my guy had to earn my trust, and he did.

I have never operated a motor boat this big and will have many questions. I started the thread about insurance and will have more questions before and after the survey. The surveyor I'm using was recommended by another forum member and is coming from across the state, so no conflict of interest here.

I'm off to the boat diesel forum to learn all I can about Cummings.

-- Edited by timjet on Sunday 14th of February 2010 08:00:20 AM

Attachments

• 35 carver.jpg
    35 carver.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 94
Congratulations!! Hope you enjoy your new boat and that the survey etc go well!!

Congratulations Tim. I did suggest another Carver on your insurance thread before reading this one. I would be interested to know if you had considered the one I posted. Anyway, I am super duper happy for you.....almost green!!!! That boat will give you many many years of enjoyment. Congratulations!!!

Thanks Guys for all the well wishes. I hope to schedule the survey this week but trying to coordinate with 5 people can get frustrating. But we'll geterdone.

Congratulations, fine looking boat.
Mike

Back
Top Bottom