View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 08:23 PM   #47
N4061
Guru

Post Inspection / Sea Trial Update

A quick update to advise we received the inspection report along with appraised value of the boat. A few surprises with boat (one can consider this a good thing and why you pay for a high end inspector who knows the line of boats you are buying). Despite this boat appearing to be a 8 or 9 out of 10 he found things that Jeff and I missed. This is where things can get interesting for the buyer. Do you share the report which you just invested a $1K with the owner to help him understand what needs to be done with boat or keep it to yourself? I'm a honest person and not trying to hide anything so I authorized my broker to release a few pages of the report to the owner for his review. If this helps us meet in the middle then we have a deal, if not then we walk. At least I'll know I did the right thing and seller will know what he needs to do to keep his boat in top shape. I appreciate his time and effort on this transaction so I feel this is the right thing to do.
Probably the hardest thing to do is keep the emotion out of this phase of the purchase. After a year of searching and finally finding the right boat it is hard to walk away but all decisions need to be sound. Time will tell.....
N4061 is offline   Reply With Quote