Need fuel in Rhode Island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wxx3

Dauntless Award
Vessel Name
Dauntless
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 42 - 148
Hi Guys,

I am currently just south of Providence RI and will need to fuel up, 600 gal in teh next few days to prepare to leave this Sunday for points south.

Currently, If I go to New Bedford (8 hours away, 16 hour RT) I can get fuel at $3.48

I would prefer to find someone closer, BUT the one place I have found, I can not find a marina that will let a truck come to fuel me.

Any ideas? either about Fuel Company or Slip I can use?

Richard:banghead:

I would Google suppliers and ask them their recommendations on where you can load.

I have done that, but the road block I'm hitting us that they all say they no longer have the uscg certification to do so.
Right now, I will probably spend the 15 hours to go to New Bedford to save $200 net

I have done that, but the road block I'm hitting us that they all say they no longer have the uscg certification to do so.
Right now, I will probably spend the 15 hours to go to New Bedford to save $200 net

How much fuel will you burn and your cost in time and wear & tear on your equipment?

Richard: What are fuel prices south of you? Take on 100 gallons or so and that should be good for what ~300 miles? Just a thought. :)

I agree with Larry, mitigate. Do the calculations and cheaper fuel south might be worth taking on limited supplies now. Waterway guide is a good general source for fuel prices. I just got a few gallons for $3.45 tax included.

Daddyo, Larry and Beachbum,

Thanks, you are all right. :iagree: This was clearly one of those cases where I was not seeing the forest for all those damn trees:facepalm:

i was fixiated on leavinf with full tanks, simply becauae I wanted to get everything done.

Thanks for the slap.:Thanx:

Will do exactly that. Daddyo, where did you get that fuel?

Richard

Wxx3: I got diesel at standish boatyard in giver ton ri about 2 weeks ago, he was $3.75 then before a volume discount. 401 996-3945 or 624-4075

Daddyo, Larry and Beachbum,

Thanks, you are all right. :iagree: This was clearly one of those cases where I was not seeing the forest for all those damn trees:facepalm:

i was fixiated on leavinf with full tanks, simply becauae I wanted to get everything done.

Thanks for the slap.:Thanx:

Will do exactly that. Daddyo, where did you get that fuel?

Richard

Cheapest fuel on the East coast is Norfolk and Swansboro, NC. Next cheapest is Solomons, MD. I often am able to buy commercial so no never mind about mine:socool: but my super secret fuel up is Bunkys in Solomons. Don't tell anyone:whistling:

Richard,

Head into Point Judith with high volume fuel users with a large commercial fishing fleet with several recreational marinas. Point Judith Marina (on the left or West side) has 5 cent per gallon discounts for Boat US, Safe Sea, and Sea Tow subscribers.

John Baczek
Puffin, NT32-266
Watch Hill RI

>Head into Point Judith with high volume fuel users with a large commercial fishing fleet<

YOU BET!

Good clean fuel is worth any few cents extra , even by the case fuel filters are not cheap.

Biggest hassle at some commercial docks is the fuel nozzle is HUGE compared to many pleasure boat deck fills.

A funnel with a big output is best choice , although at PT- J they do service lobster boats that frequently have pleasure boat sized fills.

Back
Top Bottom