FT Meyers FL bridge height?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FF

Guru
As we have been enjoying the dark side for over a decade , I havent kept track of the bridge height from Ft Meyers to enter the Caloosahatchie.

Am very familiar with the 48 ft RR bridge that blocks lake O from the East , and need to know weather the FMY bridges can clear 65 ft.

We have a SSCA guest that will be coming over in 2014 from Turkey that we hope to get to our dock in Ortona.

Still up North so cant simply look at our chart set.

TIA

Think its going to be a no-go for your friend. I just fired up my Navionics Chart on my tablet and checked some clearances for you.
Sanibel Bridge 70'
The 2 Cape Coral Bridges and Ft.Myers bridges show 55'
So you friend can get into the Pine Island Sound and up river some.

As we have been enjoying the dark side for over a decade , I havent kept track of the bridge height from Ft Meyers to enter the Caloosahatchie. Am very familiar with the 48 ft RR bridge that blocks lake O from the East , and need to know weather the FMY bridges can clear 65 ft. We have a SSCA guest that will be coming over in 2014 from Turkey that we hope to get to our dock in Ortona. Still up North so cant simply look at our chart set. TIA

Sorry but from the West on the Caloosahatchee River, you will be able to go as far as the Cape Coral bridge, which is 55 ft. We live in a marina near the Cape Coral Bridge and sailboats in our area use the Sanibel bridge to enter/exit the Gulf or if heading North you can In stay in the intracoastal and enter/exit the Gulf at Boca Grande Pass.

Gina Smith
M/V Island Time
Cape Coral, Fl

Gina

Thanks folks , my guest will have to pull his stick as heeling a 65 stick to a 55 clearence is not easy.

Back
Top Bottom